Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2008 zx10 that has alot of pieces missing on it and I think the hooks are missing to lock my helmet under the rear seat. Can someone take some pictures under your seat for me where the helmet locks onto? thanks

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
ill snap a pic if you still want when i get home...but theres a main hole where the actual seat locks into the subframe. where the hole/lock is its attached to a metal bar and the end of the metal bar there should be 2 hook type things that curve up ward and face each other and thats where you hook your helmets too...if you can post a pic of your tail section with your seat off i can show you where it is.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
DO YOU HAVE THE HOT BODIES UNDER TAIL ON YOUR BIKE?

looks to me like you do....while doing the install of that you have to re-route the lock mechanism to open your truck (taking off your seat and what not)

well looks to me who ever installed your under tail didnt do it correctly

ill be home in about an hour and if no one has posted a pic ill take one and post it bro...but for sure your missing the part with the locks

here attached is where the locks should be....also where the plastic kinda has an indent is where the strap should go to make room to put your seat back on or cowl while the helmet is locked to the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I figured thats where they went, When I bought the bike it had a full set of aftermarket fairings on it so maybe thats why it was removed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but do you mind taking a pic anyways? I have a box full or spare pasrts that came with it but I dont see anything that looks like a helmet hook.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had no clue we had a helmet lock, had the bike 1.5 yr and clueless I guess :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
After looking at the picture I can tell you for a fact that your missing a Black Metal Bracket that goes under the seat lock mechanism. That has the hooks on it for the helmet to lock to. It also provides the proper shim height to the lock mechanism so the seat snaps on properly. That part is about $19.00 from Kawasaki.

There are 2 Phillips screws that hold the seat lock mechanism to the frame. The black metal bracket goes under that seat lock mechanism and is held in by the same 2 Phillips screws.

I can make a pix of it later. But it is missing in the photos posted.
yep exactly what i said!:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the help everyone, I actually ended up going to kawasaki today and looking at an 08 they had up there and I also ordered the part.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Some racer that had your bike before was so slow, he had to remove a 2oz bracket fot the helmet lock just to be competetive. Sigh. And it cost you $20. Bummer. Glad you got this figured out and got the part ordered.

·
Registered
916 Posts
hell of a deal and a good choice too...
I love my 08 10R:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I use my helmet hooks alot when going out with buddies to clubs and when the wife and I ride the bikes to the movie theaters etc. nice not to have to carry the lids everywhere you go. Props to you for taking the initiative to spend the money to replace the needed parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts