Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new here as you can see by name im a bodybuilder..lol
I just got a new 2009 ZX-10R Special Edition color today. I use to have many bikes a few years ago but always rode GSXRs. I had been researching the ZX-10 though and fell in love. I have rode all day today and its nice. The first things im gonna get for it are a fender eliminator kit and a slip on. If anyone has any suggestions on these 2 items let me know. I always used vance and hines in the past and love the new cs one but dont know how good it si for the zx-10. But anyway im from TN. if anyone ever wants to ride.. Also this bike being brand new is it ok to go ahead and put a slip on it? If so I am gonna order one tonight.. lol

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:welcome: man, go ahead and start fixing her up.......can't hurt anything and as far as the pipe goes.....i'd get what you like man. you'll get 500 different opinions and variations as to what to do with and put on your bike so just go with what you like, look and sound wise.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone I ordered my fender elimination kit last night from ebay. found some good deals on slip ons too. I want that deep sound too my bike but not for it too sound "cheesy".. I have a list made of all the goodies I want but next is the slip on..

Any good sites for the zx-10r for goodies??

Like I said I was always a Suzuki guy so owning a Kawi is different for me... I feel like a newbie again on a bike. This thing is so powerful too a lot faster then any gsxr 1000 I ever had

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:hello: and :welcome:

Check out the site vendors for parts. I've always liked superbike supply personally.

Also get a full system the gen3 headers weigh a ton!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im still debating the exhaust. Im not really worried a lot about HP at the moment as the bike is so fast now.Remember I rode a Gsxr..lol..

I want the best sounding pipe. I like the loud sound that is deep.. I just havent heard a lot of zx-10 with slip ons. I hope the cs one will be loud enough for my taste..

I think after this purchase I will get me a new jacket and boots and then go back to the bike. But I need a jacket and boots after I get my exhaust. I hope I dont go down but you never know. I was switching from 2nd to 3rd today and the front end came up. I was like oh my gosh Im not use to this power..haha

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
:welcome: BigFred

.... Rkwaki goin to have a new BFF:heyyou::lol:
:spit: i was thinking the same thing. welcome to the site bro!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i did not have alot cash so i went with the moto gp growler and i was surprised at the sound it produced on my 09 it is loud and deep i think it sounds great maybe what you are looking for

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put a best offer a new csone black v&h last night but havent heard back yet. Buy it now was 399 and I offerd 350. I will pay 399 but hey figured I would give 350 a try :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
The money will help you decide what to put on it. All I can say is that you get what you pay for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts