Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm from Michigan and just acquired my dream bike. I have always loved the way the Gen 4's looked and I recently acquired a 2011 ZX10R with 3200 miles on it, poor thing sat most of its life waiting for someone to come and let it stretch its legs. I did have a little issue with it at first with a miss while idling and it would clean up once you got it up in the R's so I went through the entire thing when I got it home, tore it down, changed the filter and while I was there I changed the plugs and POOF!!! she fixed!.

I'm also into dirt bikes, snowmobiles and other things that seem to cost money. One day I may find a hobby that doesn't involve my wallet LOL!

Looking forward to being able to participate and gain knowledge from this community!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the bike. It's a 2011 ZX10R. It had 3208 miles on it when I picked it up a few weeks ago. Everything is bone stock on it other than a "Vance" slip on exhuast and I just installed the fender delete kit and I put in an integrated rear LED Turn signal/brake light from Custom LED. I would like to find some so carbon fiber gas tank side fairings for it. I did change the plugs in it last night and cleaned the filter and I was honestly surprised on how easy it was the change the plugs. I have a full shop anyways for wrenching on my sleds and dirt bikes so I'm no dummy when it comes time for turning wrenches. I absolutely love this bike and I have new Orange themed decals coming in to replace the stock red ones and I have a blacked out windshield on the way. If anyone knows a good source for carbon fiber fairings, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 ZX10R
37 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle
White Hood Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle

This is how mine sits now after starting as your twin. I hope you get as much enjoyment from your bike!

Reactions: CerialSledder

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Welcome to the ZX10R world CerialSledder. Your bike looks great but I'm afraid to say that the Vance and Hines just has to go!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the ZX10R world CerialSledder. Your bike looks great but I'm afraid to say that the Vance and Hines just has to go!
Agreed!!! It was on the bike when I bought it so I want a yosh slip-on or a full system but need to do a little homework yet as what to do with the exhaust valve and how to delete it. I'm sure I'll find something here with a few searches! Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
2011 ZX10R
37 Posts
Where did you get the graphics kit from?
I actually ordered a whole fairing kit and replaced all the plastics. At that time I also added the Saddleman seat, which was a great improvement.....although it wasn't on in these pics.

·
Registered
2011 ZX10R
37 Posts
Where did you order your fairings from? I would like to do an Orange themed ZX10
I actually ordered them off of Ebay. The company was TJM motors. Can't complain about the quality and alot cheaper than OEM.....if you are wanting to change the look.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have the Motocomposites full carbon side panels and they're pretty awesome. Really, really nice quality parts.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Motocomposites will offer you a small rebate if you get multiple panels and your order exceeds a certain threshold. At least they offered that to me a few years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After some YouTube searching for exhausts I really liked the sound of the Graves 3/4 so I have a full carbon Graves on order so the Vance can go bye bye!!! Thank you all for the help! I like this community already!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Other than deleting the reflector on the front fender, your next investments should be an ECU flash (since you have a North American spec bike) and a 1/5th turn throttle upgrade.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts