Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put about 2.5k on the R1 since I picked it up a month ago. I'm riding it up from San Diego up to Sacramento in a couple weeks to store with my ZX-10R which should be a fun trip. I've really missed the Socal riding and can't seem to get enough of the back roads up in Julian and Palomar. Had a close call a couple weeks ago with the CHP who damn near nabbed me coming off Paly when I wasn't paying attention. Luckily, there was a quick stop Mexican restaurant that satisfied my lunch requirement with convenient covert parking.

Hope everyone is having a great summer. Ride safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Hi yeh im bikeaholic also and have a need for speed problem,my recovery go s well till i get on my bike.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
hey ripper that r1 is sweet looking. i love the se r1

Reactions: ripper

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Never been a big R1 fan, but must admit that LE is incredible. I saw one yesterday at Barber's museum and it looked as good as some of the sure enough racebikes there. But really, put some ohlins and marchesinis on goldwing and it'd look trick.:lol: Beautiful bike, jealous of the perfect riding and weather you have there, and ride safe.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I saw a le r1 one today in my mirror while I was racing him lol!! He said his was #200 something, then I asked how much he paid, said 17000 out the door or something, wow, and he never even hand a chance today, love the look and all the goodies of these le r1's but man they arent all super bad when it comes to racing some launchs and roll ons. Solid track bike I would think with all the suspension upgrades ect, but he never even could read my tag today!!

But have a good one bro and rip it out west!!

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^the bike is pretty purpose built for the track. msrp was around $18k when they came out and was way too much for what it was imo. however, now i stand the second owner of #414 and very much enjoy the aesthetics as well as the performance. i was a former r1 owner and to this day have not beat my lap times at california speedway that i put down with that bike. compared to my zx-10r this bike is very tame. my 10 feels like a friggen freight train compared to the subtle manners of the r1. the r1 is a fun bike but doesn't have the personality of my kawi.

·
5,932 Posts
Couldnt agree more with you!! r1's arent really design for anything else other then the track, but truthfully no 1000 really is, just kawasaki is so on or off compared to any other bikes I have owned!! It puts my honda's and yamaha's to shame. But I will say I did think that guys bike today looked damn cool though!! A true head turner just because of the goodies and you can say you were one of 500 only made you know

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Welcome to the party.....as bikaholics are a lost cause...thought i was done with my zx636 but now am doing a bog bore kit with carillo rods damnit and ohlins gas charged forks...formula extreme anyone?

·
5,932 Posts
damn, got some money to feed to the bike, anything along the lines of upgrading the suspension is first in my book. But there was a guy a couple sundays ago with a gsxr1000 with a bore kit, think it was a 1070cc kit or something, but it sounded damn nice and was fast as shit!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts