Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
Gen3
448 Posts
Nice x1000. This is one of those threads that I wish I can undertake (budget, time, expertise) but I can only drool. Out of curiosity, do you foresee this bike benefit from swingarm pivot adjustment?

· Registered
1,238 Posts
This build is amazing. I can't believe that the hunk of twisted metal we saw before is actually turning into a good bike once again.

• Love
Reactions: OveRReV

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice x1000. This is one of those threads that I wish I can undertake (budget, time, expertise) but I can only drool. Out of curiosity, do you foresee this bike benefit from swingarm pivot adjustment?
There's definitely a benefit, I'm actually experimenting with the kit steering inserts & swingarm pivot inserts. Going to try different settings to see how the affect braking, cornering & exiting. Already changed the fork springs from 10.75 to 10.5, set the fork oil level to kit Shows BFF settings & the shock spring to a 95 K-Tech spring. Will have the swingarm length set close to 600mm, it's at 598mm at the moment.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This build is amazing. I can't believe that the hunk of twisted metal we saw before is actually turning into a good bike once again.
It really wasn't all that bad once I took the bike apart to evaluate what was damaged. The only major damage was the carbon rear wheel & the frame when the frame slider bent & damaged the engine mount. The frame is very fragile & prone to cracking so I bought a new frame just to be sure.

I'm in the process of setting up the stock slipper clutch to race kit settings using a judder spring plate, it should make downshifts much smoother especially when you do them in rapid succession.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts