Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not new to the site, but have beem missing for a while. I had an 05 Zx10-R but replaced it with an 06 GSXR 750 and been on that for the last 3 years. I must admit when I first got it, I was a bit surprised how underpowered it felt compared to my 05 10. Well, I just got a great deal on my dealers last 08 leftover 10. Its my favorite color too..green! I must say its very much an animal in the upper range but that flat spot down low..I think gearing is in my immediate future. I must say I see a bit of GSXR haters on here, but not me. I am biased to Suzuki AND Kawasaki. Oh..and I think the 08-up CBR 1000RR is the most hideous, ugly looking bike EVER. I dont care if it flies and cooks you breakfast in the morning! Well its good to be back. I will probably be running my bike bone stock at the strip soon so I'll keep you all posted!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Glad you came back - the '08 is an awesome model.

Just so you are aware the ‘08 already has lower gears in the transmission and rear sprocket than the previous ‘04-’07 and a bit more hp. If you lower it anymore you may end up regretting the lack of pull you’re experiencing with stock gearing.

"Inside the transmission, the first, fourth and fifth gear ratios have been lowered slightly for quicker acceleration. This, coupled with a one-tooth-larger rear sprocket (final drive is now 17/41, compared to 17/40), makes acceleration even more immediate, especially in the lower gears." Motorcyclist Magazine http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...fications.html

·
Registered
193 Posts
welcome back... Green is my favorite color too...and its faster :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you came back - the '08 is an awesome model.

Just so you are aware the ‘08 already has lower gears in the transmission and rear sprocket than the previous ‘04-’07 and a bit more hp. If you lower it anymore you may end up regretting the lack of pull you’re experiencing with stock gearing.

"Inside the transmission, the first, fourth and fifth gear ratios have been lowered slightly for quicker acceleration. This, coupled with a one-tooth-larger rear sprocket (final drive is now 17/41, compared to 17/40), makes acceleration even more immediate, especially in the lower gears." Motorcyclist Magazine http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...fications.html
That's because with the new cams, the powerband has also been moved up, so to make it bearable, they in essence HAD TO up the gearing and gear ratios. To me, 105 mph in first gear isnt absolutely necessary, but to lessen the low end flat spot is. Besides, I won't be spending much time goin 180+ mph anyhow. Oh, and thanks for the welcomes guys! Its good to be back!

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Welcome back, what was your original username?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My user name is the same.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Argh, I'm a retard, joined Oct 05. Sorry.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A pic of the new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome back and sweet looking bike

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
welcome back, im looking for a sexy new green one too!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No..there was actually a Monster decal package put on the bike which I removed when I got er home. I'm thinking I may get the 07 green Ninja and front end decals for this though. The white ninja was from the Monster package that I cut off, as is the ZX-RR.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. I did the 16T front sprocket and I kind've see what some of you been saying about it not being so good up top, but the near elimination of the flat spot down low outweighs it for me. I think it is much more enjoyable now. I just installed the Champs frame sliders and must say they are quality sliders! Cutting the hole on the side was very easy! I am glad I went with Champs! I also got the OEM ninja decals on now and like them much better. Here is an updated pic or 2!

Attachments

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Welcome back! Yes the CBR 1000RR is the stupidest bike ever...After a while performance means nothing when you have to get on that shame train of a hideous bike and ride it around somewhere.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome back! Yes the CBR 1000RR is the stupidest bike ever...After a while performance means nothing when you have to get on that shame train of a hideous bike and ride it around somewhere.
100% agreed! Yet to me personally, the 06-07 CBR 1000RR's were awesome looking bikes! BBut those 08-ups..MAN! :puke:

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I got a chance to ride a friend's 2005 CBR 1000RR several times and it was nice...Nothing like my 10R...However, he got on my 10R and he was blown away by it's speed and handling.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Welcome back, hold on for the ride this is a tough but experienced forum. As for hating gsxr's we don't hate the machine we hate the riders who "squid-out" on them and give us a bad name let alone think theyre much better

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ahh, the 05 CBR 1000. That was an ok bike, the thing that I remember from those is the wooden feeling seat. As for the GSXR/squid thing, I totally understand that. The ratio is very high around here too. Most of them say.."Dude..nice gixxer!" haha!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts