Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy trying to decide between ZX10R, BMW S1000RR or R1.
Always loved the Ninjas. Not for posers, ZX10R have balls!
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well the R1 doesn't get too much love on this forum,the Beamer is a new bike but looks to be pretty sick.You can't go wrong with a 10R ridiculously fast,pretty bulletproof and some real good deals out there on leftovers.I would think you will have to pay close to retail on the Beemer.Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the R1 doesn't get too much love on this forum,the Beamer is a new bike but looks to be pretty sick.You can't go wrong with a 10R ridiculously fast,pretty bulletproof and some real good deals out there on leftovers.I would think you will have to pay close to retail on the Beemer.Welcome to the forum.
Well, I'm not into the looks of the Beemer. The HP numbers and all don't matter that much to me. I don't have the balls to pull a liter bike all the way. Believe me, I had a 09 CBR1000RR and was pretty fast (ZBomb, Exhaust, Power Commander Dyno tunned), I didn't see myself pooling all the guns on that bike without getting arrested or Killed. The R1 is nice IMO, the exhaust sound is sick but I'm a heavy guy therefore a heavy bike will not help my cause.:lol: Now, the Kawi is a beautiful bike however I don't know about reliability and maintenance cost. Any issues that I should be aware of?

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hello again guys,
Thanks for the nice welcoming,
I heard that many guys are thinking on getting the Beemer. One think that I keep in mind while purchasing a bike is accessories pricing and the bike reliability. Beemer accessories will be an armed robbery, I imagine that maintenance is not going to be any better. Kawasaki seems to be the logical decision.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wannab the only problem is when you get one you won't be a wannab anymore
Buddy,
I can't wait to tell you that I'm no longer a wannab. I've been checking bikes out and the prettiest in my crazy eyes is the Kawi. Too bad they are not giving them away.:zx_green:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, I'm not into the looks of the Beemer. The HP numbers and all don't matter that much to me. I don't have the balls to pull a liter bike all the way. Believe me, I had a 09 CBR1000RR and was pretty fast (ZBomb, Exhaust, Power Commander Dyno tunned), I didn't see myself pooling all the guns on that bike without getting arrested or Killed. The R1 is nice IMO, the exhaust sound is sick but I'm a heavy guy therefore a heavy bike will not help my cause.:lol: Now, the Kawi is a beautiful bike however I don't know about reliability and maintenance cost. Any issues that I should be aware of?
Well as far as the reliability I am still a newbie here myself and my bike only has a little over 700 miles on it,but hanging around the forum I haven't heard of anything major to look out for.Maintenance costs should be in line with the other Japanese bikes.Just go for the 10r you'll be happy you did.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well as far as the reliability I am still a newbie here myself and my bike only has a little over 700 miles on it,but hanging around the forum I haven't heard of anything major to look out for.Maintenance costs should be in line with the other Japanese bikes.Just go for the 10r you'll be happy you did.:thumbsup:
Thanks,
700 miles, She's still a virgin:clap:
That's what I am thinking is going to happen. ZX10 all the way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts