Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to know what the diameter of the pipe that is right under the right foot peg before it goes into the muffler, for a 2008?

I just bought a 2007 ZX10R, and it has 4-2-1-2. I NEED to convert the dual exhaust into one side M4 shorty. From looking at pictures, it looks like the part on my bike that is at the end of the 2 into 1 before it goes to 1 into 2 again, is in the same spot as the 2008. So I'm thinking that I can order a single 2008 M4 shorty for my 2007.

Can anyone with a 2008 ZX10R, PLEASE measure the diameter of the 1 pipe that is on the other end of the 2 into 1, at the MALE end right under the rear brake peddle before it goes into the muffler section?

The Diameter on mine is 2 1/8", before it goes into the 1 into 2.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Hi, I need to know what the diameter of the pipe that is right under the right foot peg before it goes into the muffler, for a 2008?

I just bought a 2007 ZX10R, and it has 4-2-1-2. I NEED to convert the dual exhaust into one side M4 shorty. From looking at pictures, it looks like the part on my bike that is at the end of the 2 into 1 before it goes to 1 into 2 again, is in the same spot as the 2008. So I'm thinking that I can order a single 2008 M4 shorty for my 2007.

Can anyone with a 2008 ZX10R, PLEASE measure the diameter of the 1 pipe that is on the other end of the 2 into 1, at the MALE end right under the rear brake peddle before it goes into the muffler section?

The Diameter on mine is 2 1/8", before it goes into the 1 into 2.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
Welcome!

I can't help you with the pipe diameter issue, but I think that's the least of your concern. Even if it does mate to the headpipe, there won't be any room to mount it due to the swingarm design. The Gen 2 swingarm is low-slung and braced on the lower side. There's going to be no room to put a low-mount exhaust there unless you were to do a swingarm conversion along with it. The Gen 3 had a completely different swingarm.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Got a little carried away with chromie for the homie stretched look I see. As it happens, a friend of mine has an 08 ZX10r with a shorty 3/4. I'll ask him if wouldn't mind measuring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jack, I found this Competition Werkes GP Slip-On Exhaust for ZX10R 07, so I ordered it!! Seems like only Competition Werkes and Brocks make a single exhaust for 06-07.However, Brocks only sells the full exhaust, you have cut a lot of the fairing and it's $1,000, and Werkes is just a slip-on, no cutting, and it's $400. I went ahead and when with the cheaper and better looking one. Can't wait to get it!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a little carried away with chromie for the homie stretched look I see. As it happens, a friend of mine has an 08 ZX10r with a shorty 3/4. I'll ask him if wouldn't mind measuring.

I actually just bought of a girl that bought it brand new and fixed it up for bike shows, and she won 15 trophies to show for it. However, she never road it and I got it off her for 5k, and it only has 3k miles... :smile2::smile2::smile2:

I had a ZX750 twenty two years ago, and I've missed it ever since. So now I'm 43, hit my mid-life C, sold my HD Street Glide, and bought me the ZX10R... I FN LOVE IT!!!!! BUT I do agree, a little too much FN chrome...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts