Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Heli Bar question

3K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  phobos512 
#1 ·
Got a question for those with heli bars, I just bought a set from a member and I was looking at them and I was wondering what you guys are using for bar ends? I wanted to use the stockers but it looks like that isnt going to happen. Any ideas would be great

#4 ·
yeah...you have to tighten the bolt and compress the rubber so that it fits snug in the bar end and then use the screw to tighten it further

the bar ends come with three different sizes of rubber pieces which makes it convenient to use with any set of bars

#8 ·
I have the throttlemeisters on my helibars. I bought them mainly to help out with the vibrations that come through the clip ons. I doubt i'll use the cruise control for around town.

#28 ·
Any pics of the different options? Have a set coming for my 05. Sounds like I need to be on the lookout for 05/06 bar ends.

Where's a guy find the specs & install instructions? Dunno why they'd take that off the site :headshake

#25 ·
I took the bar ends outta my GSXR cos they are fairly heavy. They fit straight into the Heli bars and work well. They use the expanding rubber sleeve method so fit easily

The GSXR I had previously was being traded in anyway, so I shoved some lightweight alloy bar ends I had spare on that before it went in .....

#29 ·
According to Heli's website it says 06+ use the stock bar ends, not sure what you guys are seeing (this is in the TracStar type which originally were offered late in 2007 I believe).

I had them on my 07 6R and they used the stock bar ends.

Be real careful with wrecking though - those things hit the ground and they are trashed, and the company won't help you out (happened to me in 2009; they refused to sell me just one side).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.