Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody is wearing the Held Titan gloves? I know they are a lot of $$ but are they worth it or overkill for street riding? I've heard the Kangaroo leather holds up better than cowhide so maybe they will last longer and justify the price.Thoughts?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,093 Posts
I have a buddy that has them, he says once you own them you wont even think about buying anything else ever again. He loves them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a buddy that has them, he says once you own them you wont even think about buying anything else ever again. He loves them.
Thank you for the reply.If anybody cares,I talked to Brian Van over at Sportbiketrackgear.com today and he told me these truly are the best gloves out there and he has worn and raced with all the best gloves.So maybe I am just buying in to the hype but he also offered me a nice discount so I ordered a pair.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a pair of Phantoms which I would not hesitate to buy again. Yes it was alot ao $$$$ but well worth it. Especially if you go down.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
holy cow, 350 bucks is expensive. but those things do look trick, there is enough sting ray on those things to make steve erwin sweat (j/k).

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just put 150 miles on my new pair of Held Dark Steve(solid black) gloves yesterday. Size 10(XL) fit perfectly with no break-in needed and the quality is outstanding. Kangaroo palms and Pittard leather uppers. About $112.00 from NewEnough with a 10% off code.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Held trux here. Worth it? On the street? I dress for the wreck, not the ride. :cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Seems to be quite the glove.... What kind of deal did you end up getting? and what did you have to do to get this deal?!?

Kidding, but seriously tho

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
holy cow, 350 bucks is expensive. but those things do look trick, there is enough sting ray on those things to make steve erwin sweat (j/k).
That was so wrong... :spit:

It's been a rough morning. I really needed a good laugh.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
held gloves are the best IMHO, I had a pair back in the day and crashed in them like 4 times on the track and never had any problems with them they held up great... and saved my hands... I was gonna get them Titans but after doing a little research Id just go with the Phantoms... just as good and will hold up to many many crashes, Phantoms will be my next pair of gloves, Ok i can admit it I have a little problem with buying gloves LOL what can I say LOL I love my gloves.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts