Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm new to the pro level gloves so any advice is welcome. I'm used to joe rocket and some of the lower end gloves like Five that feel free moving and non restrictive. I did lots research and measured my hand correctly as per Held but are these gloves supposed to be this tight? I've been wearing them almost every day for a week (off bike) and I've noticed zero give and pretty hard to get in and out of. At $300usd I got a pretty good deal (I think) but fuck are these things stiff and tight. Any info will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
High end gloves are stiffer than cheaper offerings, but they do eventually break in. I love held gloves and every pair i've owned are a little snug when new, but eventually break in and fit perfect where I can ride for hours and not get any fatigue in my hands. Proper fitting gear is critical for riding so as not to cause distractions.

You might be a size too small? Before returning them, suggest finding a local retailer where you can try on to see what fits your hands. I've found held sizing to be consistent regardless of model, so even if you can't find an exact glove you should be able to decide what size fits your hands. I prefer close fitting gloves (but not tight and uncomfortable) vs. something that my hands are swimming around in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If wearing them makes you feel like sacrificing your fingertips to the glove gods, you should move up a size.

The tips of my fingers only get tight if I make a fist but fit perfect in the grip position.

High end gloves are stiffer than cheaper offerings, but they do eventually break in. I love held gloves and every pair i've owned are a little snug when new, but eventually break in and fit perfect where I can ride for hours and not get any fatigue in my hands. Proper fitting gear is critical for riding so as not to cause distractions.

You might be a size too small? Before returning them, suggest finding a local retailer where you can try on to see what fits your hands. I've found held sizing to be consistent regardless of model, so even if you can't find an exact glove you should be able to decide what size fits your hands. I prefer close fitting gloves (but not tight and uncomfortable) vs. something that my hands are swimming around in.

I'm 8 3/4 around the knuckles and got a 9 so maybe they do need a longer break in period. How long did it take for your gloves to feel proper?

Unfortunately I'm in the middle of nowhere and the nearest city only stocks icon, joe rocket and other budget gear. All the places I deal with have a great return policy so online is my only option at this point.

Thanks for the input fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd say keep em' then. Looks like you have a 1/4" to play around with. I measure exactly on a size and didn't go up. Perfect fit for me. You have to remember, a lil sweat and moisture will stretch them out a bit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Order a size larger from revzilla. They are great about returns. Try them on and return them or if they fit keeper and sell the ones that don't (I may buy them!). Only then will you have your answer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd say keep em' then. Looks like you have a 1/4" to play around with. I measure exactly on a size and didn't go up. Perfect fit for me. You have to remember, a lil sweat and moisture will stretch them out a bit.

That makes sense, thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Order a size larger from revzilla. They are great about returns. Try them on and return them or if they fit keeper and sell the ones that don't (I may buy them!). Only then will you have your answer.

I find revzilla expensive. Most places I use are 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Oh really, that's besides the point. You missed the point there bud. You are asking people a very subjective question. "Does this glove fit MY hand". No one knows. Do you know why? Because it is YOUR hand. So take matters into your OWN hands and order another size to see which size truly fits you, genius. It doesn't really matter where you order it from if your going to return the glove. And your welcome.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh really, that's besides the point. You missed the point there bud. You are asking people a very subjective question. "Does this glove fit MY hand". No one knows. Do you know why? Because it is YOUR hand. So take matters into your OWN hands and order another size to see which size truly fits you, genius. It doesn't really matter where you order it from if your going to return the glove. And your welcome.

Haha not sure why you're so butt hurt but I never asked if the gloves fit my hand so you pretty much pulled that out of your ass to start some shit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
First off I'm new to the pro level gloves so any advice is welcome. I'm used to joe rocket and some of the lower end gloves like Five that feel free moving and non restrictive. I did lots research and measured my hand correctly as per Held but are these gloves supposed to be this tight? I've been wearing them almost every day for a week (off bike) and I've noticed zero give and pretty hard to get in and out of. At $300usd I got a pretty good deal (I think) but fuck are these things stiff and tight. Any info will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You still have these gloves in the same size as you originally posted? Have you rode in them, sweated in them? Have they actually broken in yet? Gloves should fit and feel very good while your hand is wrapped around the bar grips, not when making a fist (although both scenarios would be perfect). Held EVO Titans are a good glove, but if you are like me, not every piece of gear fits the way you want it to. Sometimes you have to make a sacrifice in your judgement of aesthetics for usability.

The most important part of gear is that what you wear does not distract you from focusing on riding.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You still have these gloves in the same size as you originally posted? Have you rode in them, sweated in them? Have they actually broken in yet? Gloves should fit and feel very good while your hand is wrapped around the bar grips, not when making a fist (although both scenarios would be perfect). Held EVO Titans are a good glove, but if you are like me, not every piece of gear fits the way you want it to. Sometimes you have to make a sacrifice in your judgement of aesthetics for usability.

The most important part of gear is that what you wear does not distract you from focusing on riding.

I ended up buying a 1/2 size larger and have the originals for sale. Still not perfect but like you said they will probably break in after some time.
Thanks for the input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts