Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got an '06 and am shopping around for braided lines. I've decided on HEL's and have looked around for a good source (actually if any sponsors can get me a great deal PLEASE give me a price qoute and you'll get my business) and found them here:
http://www.oppracing.com/products/481-hel-brake-and-clutch-lines/

My question is...what the hell is the deal with a "pressure switch" ??? All I want are a set of front and rear lines, a double banjo for the front, and some new washers...

Inquiring minds wanna know ???

·
Registered
69 Posts
So I've got an '06 and am shopping around for braided lines. I've decided on HEL's and have looked around for a good source (actually if any sponsors can get me a great deal PLEASE give me a price qoute and you'll get my business) and found them here:
http://www.oppracing.com/products/481-hel-brake-and-clutch-lines/

My question is...what the hell is the deal with a "pressure switch" ??? All I want are a set of front and rear lines, a double banjo for the front, and some new washers...

Inquiring minds wanna know ???
If you've got a aftermarket brake master they generally don't come with a switch for the brake light, the pressure switch activates the brake lights when enough pressure is made in the brake system.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Good find DF. I've heard about Hel but their product is hard to find for a '08.

If I were you I'd ask the sponsors if they can beat these prices.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
From what I understand Hel makes most of their stuff when it's ordered?!?! Not sure how true that is but I've heard lots of people say how good they are.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
If you've got a aftermarket brake master they generally don't come with a switch for the brake light, the pressure switch activates the brake lights when enough pressure is made in the brake system.
So then there would be no need to buy one on a stock MS? Sorry for the dumb question but this is the first time I've come upon this option.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought....just wasn't sure...

·
Registered
69 Posts
So then there would be no need to buy one on a stock MS? Sorry for the dumb question but this is the first time I've come upon this option.

You are correct. The new Brembo RCS master has a built in micro switch too, a industry first.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you can buy direct from HEL they are out of west palm beach florida I think he does $45 shipped per line type of deal or a set deal.... he makes it all in house so you know right where it comes from.... his number is on the site... http://www.helusa.com/

561-844-0374
1-888-HEL-USA1
1-888-435-8721
Monday - Friday
10:00-7:00 Eastern

no doubt a great guy to deal with and great products......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts