Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

Need some advice, i know i read somewhere(psychobike i think whick is down) that a michelin power one should be heated up a certain way, and the burn out sequence is something like 7...5...7 ride it out.

Ive also read that they require much of a burn out....turn it over a few times out of the water box and stage..:dontknow:

Looking for advice on burnout tips from those who have used a P1, ima give one more day at the track, and if it doesnt hook today...then ima order a hookup monday morning:lol:

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Good morning all,

Need some advice, i know i read somewhere(psychobike i think whick is down) that a michelin power one should be heated up a certain way, and the burn out sequence is something like 7...5...7 ride it out.

Ive also read that they require much of a burn out....turn it over a few times out of the water box and stage..:dontknow:

Looking for advice on burnout tips from those who have used a P1, ima give one more day at the track, and if it doesnt hook today...then ima order a hookup monday morning:lol:

thanks in advance.
if you have a fabook acct, look up Richie Brotherton from Statesville North Carolina...he is a Micheline rep...he'll hook you up on what to do....:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
burnout

higher wheel speed. i always burnout in 2nd, i click up to 2nd while rolling around the water box, not thru it. i stay out of the water totally, and do a dry 2nd gear burnout past the box,power out, click back to 1st, a dry hop, a hard clutch bump before the line will tell me if im hooked, if not, i dry hop it again, if im not hooked before the line, im not going to be hooked at the line and my pass is going to be ruined. test your traction, when your tire squels and locks, u will know it, and u need to know. line up in the rubber path, stage, and hold on. this works for me, been a long time since i wasted a pass on tire spin, good luck ke. let us know how u come out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I do 1st gear, light it off, go to the right 2 seconds, to the left 2 seconds and roll out for 20 feet or so under power. Never(knock on wood) had problems with spinning on launch. This tire has been on for over a season and still has plenty of tread left.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do 1st gear, light it off, go to the right 2 seconds, to the left 2 seconds and roll out for 20 feet or so under power. Never(knock on wood) had problems with spinning on launch. This tire has been on for over a season and still has plenty of tread left.
you run a power one?? what psi

·
Registered
779 Posts
Psi

If the P1 doesn't hook then its your track or too much tire pressure. I run 15 to 20 psi in mine and it hooks every time. I don't do crazy burnouts either, I spin it for probably 10 seconds or less. There was a guy here last year running 5.50's (1/8mi) and doing short burn outs like me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
get a shinko hook up works better than a power 1 imo and what i've seen. Also i never run crazy tire pressure my tire pressure is always around 14-15 psi at the most 22 but my bikes 66". I know people say higher psi gives you more mph but me and a buddy of mine tried it on his turbo busa running a p1 and didnt see any difference. But do what ever works. now if your stock wheelbase i've seen folks run up to 40 psi. you can run higher psi stock wb vs longer wb.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
get a shinko hook up works better than a power 1 imo and what i've seen. Also i never run crazy tire pressure my tire pressure is always around 14-15 psi at the most 22 but my bikes 66". I know people say higher psi gives you more mph but me and a buddy of mine tried it on his turbo busa running a p1 and didnt see any difference. But do what ever works. now if your stock wheelbase i've seen folks run up to 40 psi. you can run higher psi stock wb vs longer wb.
Really considering a hook up but I know a p1 is a good tire, it holds every record for non bar bikes in drag racing. It's run on 7 sec bikes.....I just can't get it to work for me for some reason.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah everybody i race with went from a p1 to a hook up. I was never really a big fan of them because they were more of a road race tire not a drag race profile. The more of a contact patch you can put to the ground the more traction you can get. plus the shinko is a softer compound than the p1. I've had my hook up for almost 2 years now still has alot of tread left on it and im cutting 1.41-1.43 60fts all day long @66" stock clutch. I promise if you decide to get one you'll be very satisfied. I've never had a traction issue with running my hook up and i've run at some very shitty tracks before lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
shinkos are heavy....been 5.teens on streetridden handclutch bikes with the power one. we do short burnouts with no dry hop. the first leave after a burnout is the best leave.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
There's a bit of a difference between hookin swb and hooking stretched. Just sayin. There's really no reason for a swb bike to spin if you do a little burn out. 99 percent of the time it will wheelie before spinnin. So many times you can do a perfect big burn out on a stretched bike and still blow the back tire off. Learn what to look for (sticky stuff) to line up on. Go to the line and line one of your buddy's up or somethin and step around testing the stickyness with your foot. Look at the difference in coloration. That will help you line yourself up when its your turn. Should help you hook better..

·
Registered
795 Posts
If the P1 doesn't hook then its your track or too much tire pressure. I run 15 to 20 psi in mine and it hooks every time. I don't do crazy burnouts either, I spin it for probably 10 seconds or less. There was a guy here last year running 5.50's (1/8mi) and doing short burn outs like me.
what times do you run? whats all done to your bike? i plan to do mostly the same set up you have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts