Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if it just my bike. I have alway rode GSXRs and just migrated to the ZX-10R. While riding this thing gives off ridiculous amounts of heat around the leg and seat area. Is this a normal thing on these bikes with the undertail exhausts? I have already exhaust wrapped the pipes under the tail but it didn't really help much. I think I'm going to wrap the headers next but until then it is almost too uncomfortable to ride. My GSXRs never had this problem so I'm wondering if it is a design issue or just my bike being a retard.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,662 Posts
Any undertail exhaust will be hotter than a side exhaust. R1, Ducati, etc. that said, the ZX-10 is better than most as far as suppressing the heat. I never had any issues with mine. But the only thing you can really do is put some different cans on it that are less restrictive so it flows some more air. Carbon cans will be much cooler. You can punch the catalytic converter out so it doesn't hold the heat in the pipe. But not much else you can do without converting it to a side exhaust. But its pretty normal.

Oh, and if you're wearing shorts on the bike, you're a moron. Make sure you wear long pants to insulate your legs among other things. Most people who complain about the heat on their legs are riding with them exposed to it. :headshake

·
Registered
994 Posts
Getting aftermarket exhaust help a ton, was riding a buddies 09 R1 for a while and would get ass crack sweat from the exhaust. After he put aftermarket exhaust, slip on's, and decat pipe the bike was so much better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't normally ride with shorts I just happened to jump on and run to the store the other day and noticed how abnormally hot it was. It has Carbon 2 Bros on it now. I just got done wrapping the headers and undertail section in header wrap so lets see if that helps. Next step will be to punch out the Cat and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so after the header wrap the heat has gone down quite a bit. Big help. So for those that have issues with the bike giving off a lot of heat while riding, I had great success at just using header wrap on the header and under tail section. Now if only it wasn't 104 in ATL...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts