Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was out riding all day w/ my girl, a beautiful day today by the way, the bugs were out and everything. So naturally the front of the bike was covered!! So we get home and i put the bike up on the front/rear stands wash the bike, get it dried off and am takin it off the stands to pull it back inthe garage when the stand got caught on a crack in my driveway and as i pulled it out the bike fell over!!! I tried my best to save it but couldn't pull it up from the tail section. My heart stopped beating for a second and i thought i died!!!! Out of some miracle the mirror and the front brake lever saved the bike. It was held up by them and didn't scratch anything, the brake lever did break off. Minimal damage. Although i couldn't stop shaking for about 10 min. But i guess a good thing comes out of this..... New levers!!!! Haha sooooo i guess it was a good day in the end.... Im just sayin tank god for mirrors and brake levers.. They saved the bike.. Lesson learned today.......... Dont set the stands up around cracks in the driveway..................

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Which levers should i buy, any recommendations??

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know how you feel, my shoe lace got cought on the right heel guard one night when i got home and down i went:crackup:. Wasnt so funny then but all that happened was some very minor scratches on the lower body and the brake lever bent but didnt break, man was i pissed.O well happens to all of us

·
Registered
779 Posts
Which levers should i buy, any recommendations??
I have ASV shorties (gold)... Can't beat them in terms of quality and range of adjusment IMO.

As for the bike... I know how you feel. Mine was warming up in the driveway and it fell over. The slider saved alot of damage, but it still sucks.

It like it's not pure anymore...:sad:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. No i wasnot rollin it. Just takin it off the rear stand and the wheels on the stand cought the crack and it was all over from there.. Im just glad no plastic or any ting was touched. I guess i was lucky in one aspect of it.. I'll have to look into these levers.. How much you guys pay for your sets?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any benifits of the shortys?? Seems a lot of people run em

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
huh.. glad it didn't do much damage but i'm not sure what exactly happened..

i dunno about you but when i take mine off the rear stand i have my left hand on the tail steadying it and pull the rear stand out with my right hand. maybe you should try that from now on.

I have the PAZZO's but the CRG's and Titax levers are nice too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
huh.. glad it didn't do much damage but i'm not sure what exactly happened..

i dunno about you but when i take mine off the rear stand i have my left hand on the tail steadying it and pull the rear stand out with my right hand. maybe you should try that from now on.

I have the PAZZO's but the CRG's and Titax levers are nice too.
oh i always hold the tailsection but they way it shifted i coudln't hold the bike and it flopped over on its side.. luckly nooo plastic damage just broke the brake lever that is it... ive had it on and off the stand a milliontimes and this never happened...

·
Registered
147 Posts
your lucky man....unfortunately I was not! Mine went down the other weekend scratching every fairing and breaking the clutch lever and the mirror!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
your lucky man....unfortunately i was not! Mine went down the other weekend scratching every fairing and breaking the clutch lever and the mirror!
damn dude that sucks. Thats what i first expected to happen on mine. I didn't wanna pick it up. I swear i died for a second!! It really sucks.... Sorry about your loss

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My son has an awesome habit of flipping up the rear stand handle to "help daddy". I've been able to use my retard strength to keep the bike off the floor both times. Glad your bike is OK overall.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my son has an awesome habit of flipping up the rear stand handle to "help daddy". I've been able to use my retard strength to keep the bike off the floor both times. Glad your bike is ok overall.
dang lucky it doesn't fall over on him, thatd be bad!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts