Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i put a xtre on my 09 zx10r about a week ago and it works fine but my fi light is on now. the code that comes up is 25 and i think the code is gear indicator malfunction. so i contacted healtech and told them the problem and they just told me to double check everything. so i did and it didnt work so i was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem with the xtre and if there is a fix. thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still trying to figure it out :BangHead:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
I'd check the connections at the ECU where you have to splice into the wiring loom. If you didn't get that part right, then it'll throw that code. I had that same issue, pinched the splice connectors a little harder down, and the code went away. The wire you have to splice into is the wire where the ECU gets the gear signal from. That is most likely your culprit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd check the connections at the ECU where you have to splice into the wiring loom. If you didn't get that part right, then it'll throw that code. I had that same issue, pinched the splice connectors a little harder down, and the code went away. The wire you have to splice into is the wire where the ECU gets the gear signal from. That is most likely your culprit.
thanks. im 99.9 % sure it the right wire. the brown with the red strip but ill definatly try pushing harder on the gel caps bc at first i didnt wanna crush them by pushing them to hard and they were kinda pissin me off lol.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
Yeah, that's the right wire. My problem was that I didn't quite pierce the insulation on the wire when I put the splice on it. So after riding it for a few miles, the connection broke and I got the code. When I got on those splice connectors with the pliers again, I wiggled the wires around a little to be sure I had metal-to-metal contact on both splice connectors and that the little blades in the housing cut through the insulation real good.

To see if that's really your problem, you could try removing the splices, and just reconnect the ECU wire temporarily by twisting it together to see if the FI light goes out. If it does, then you know this is the problem area so you can get some new splice connectors to try.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's the right wire. My problem was that I didn't quite pierce the insulation on the wire when I put the splice on it. So after riding it for a few miles, the connection broke and I got the code. When I got on those splice connectors with the pliers again, I wiggled the wires around a little to be sure I had metal-to-metal contact on both splice connectors and that the little blades in the housing cut through the insulation real good.

To see if that's really your problem, you could try removing the splices, and just reconnect the ECU wire temporarily by twisting it together to see if the FI light goes out. If it does, then you know this is the problem area so you can get some new splice connectors to try.
ill try it to make sure. healtech only sent me one of the gel caps so i went to home depot and bought a pack of them. im goin now to try out ur advice. ill let u know how it goes.:thumbsup:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
ill try it to make sure. healtech only sent me one of the gel caps so i went to home depot and bought a pack of them. im goin now to try out ur advice. ill let u know how it goes.:thumbsup:
Sounds good! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
555 Posts
what no ride report? does xtre do everything it's suppose to , more power in lower gears. what about driveablity? is it the same ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i just got tdone messing around with it and no luck fi is still on. i tried the tips and thought i had it at first bc one of the gel caps wasnt all the way down but still has fi flashing. so im just gonna keep trying different things

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what no ride report? does xtre do everything it's suppose to , more power in lower gears. what about driveablity? is it the same ?
i didnt have the chance to ride it yet considering im in pa and every other day were getting snow storms but its says that it gets rid of the bog below 6k rpm and improves throttle responce. everyone has differnt opinions about tres, theres a bunch of threads on them. im sure they will have better info than what i can tell u bc i never got to try it out and idk everything about it.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
well i just got tdone messing around with it and no luck fi is still on. i tried the tips and thought i had it at first bc one of the gel caps wasnt all the way down but still has fi flashing. so im just gonna keep trying different things

Hmm...did you try reconnecting the ECU wire back together?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm...did you try reconnecting the ECU wire back together?
thats the only thing i didnt try bc i was looking at the wires and they r all the way in and the metal is clamped over both wires so it looks pretty good to me but im still gonna reconnect them either tomorrow or the next day bc i didnt have much time today. i guess if that dosent work ill just live with it or if their is a way to shut of the fi light i wouldnt mind doin that either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts