Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a PCV and got it installed. When I purchased it, the guy I bought it from also through in a healtech xtre. My first question, Is it worth the hassle to put it in and will it make a difference? Second. The model number does not match to the healtech website for the gen 3 zx10r, but for the Suzuki gsxr. Model XT-S01 instead of XT-K01. He told me that it came off his 09 zx10r track bike and that it also removed the rev limiter. I know that it does this with the Suzuki bikes but not the Kawi. So question, has anyone else actually done this and does it work and is it safe? Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Have you looked to see if the plug is even the same? I'm doubting it will remove the limiter, and not sure why you would want to completely remove it anyway. That isn't really a good idea. If it plugs in, it might work as a TRE. Email Healtech, good people to work with.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have decided to just forgo the thing altogether. The more I research it here and other places, it seems like it really doesn't seem to make much, if any, difference. I think I will just try and pinch some pennies to change the sprockets -1/+2 and have the ECU flashed. Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
695 Posts
If anything, it smooths out the throttle response. My Healtech ATRE seems to do just a bit of that.

Sounds like you are looking for more grunt though.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts