Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can advise, my gen 4 has a healtech quickshifter fitted (came when I bought it already installed). The problem is it works fine except between 3rd and 4th gears where at times it won't engage and the bike seems between gears, then the revs spike as the throttle open, where it slots back in to 3rd really unsettling the bike (and real butt clenching moment...) The bike is low miles (7k) and gearbox used normally is fine and as it should be? Many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a gen 4, I don't have a quick shifter, however I do get stuck between 3rd and 4th on some rare occasions. It's scared me pretty bad a few times. I was going to get the healtech QS in hopes it would fix this problem, guess not.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Any quick shifter wont cause that acute symptom in just one position. That is a transmission fault, the cassette needs pulling for an inspection sadly.:frown2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for help again guy's. Healtech say the kill time between gears is probably out of tolerance..... so some re-setup work should sort this! Wouldn't let it put anyone off getting one as works fine otherwise and once sorted be ace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for help again guy's. Healtech say the kill time between gears is probably out of tolerance..... so some re-setup work should sort this! Wouldn't let it put anyone off getting one as works fine otherwise and once sorted be ace.
Healtech Quick Shifters aren't by gear, they are by rpm range. I run one on my 1st Gen and I had issues with mine before I put a Factory Pro Shift Star in it. Though I occasionally had false neutrals. ZX10R's have had that issue for awhile. Try bumping up the shift kill time up 5 to 10ms and see if it helps your situation.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for that info, will give that a try.... do you know if it's something you can adjust yourself or do I need special equipment?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cheers for that info, will give that a try.... do you know if it's something you can adjust yourself or do I need special equipment?
I think you’re talking about the cut times. If so, download the healtech qse app on your phone. Start the bike and look for the qse in your Bluetooth menu. (Hopefully the previous owner didn’t change the password. If you need the generic password they all ship with just pm me. I can get it to you.) Connect to it then open the qse app. You’ll have Different options. It has automatic or manual kill times. In manual mode you can set your own kill times per rpm range. Just play with the app. You’ll figure it out. YouTube it also. There is a pretty good video out there of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should definitely be running the app when in use. If your not racing I would recommend setting cut off times to “adaptive” mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts