Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends

So during these days of lock down, looking for things to do to the bike (2005 ZX-10R), I decided to send the ECU to 2Wheel Dyno Works for a flash, and also install a Healtech Gipro DS Series Gear Position Indicator which is supposed to be for this bike model.

Installed the Healtech with ECU removed. Easy install. Sat for a week. Did not turn the bike on. Just received and installed the ECU, and I am getting an "FI" code on the GEAR INDICATOR but not on the bike dash. (Bike runs amazing, no problems). I scrolled through the Indicator menu, tried "learn" tried "default" and always came back to "FI" flashing.

I have found several threads on this Healtech and Gen 1's, but nothing about an "FI" showing on it. I have sent an email to Healtech but no reply yet. Hoping someone has experienced this and/or can help with the cure!

Thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,333 Posts
It's a pretty basic install. The GIPro basically installs in between the the GPS and ECU to show the gear. It then sends a signal back to the ECU to feature the "TRE" option. If the ECU isn't seeing the gear properly, either there's something wrong with the GIPro or the install didn't go right. First thing I'd do is disconnect the GIPro and mate the harness connectors back together. That will verify the GPS is working correctly and gets rid of the FI light. The other thing to check is that the one or more of the pins in the connector back to the ECU isn't bent or pushed. If all those check out good, then the GIPro is faulty or not set right.

I had a GIPro on my Gen 2. Real nice little gadget!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MT, thanks for the manuals, I did get on-line.

SD, yes easy install just 1 plug in to Dealer diagnostic port. no pins out of place, and "plugging it back in" is just a dummy plug. Does the dummy plug actually have circuitry in it?

I have the Gipro DS-SER G2 series which is indicated for 2005 ZX-10R on their website (and Amazon).

Still waiting to hear back from Healtech. Was hoping someone had this same issue before

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When our bikes have a problem and aren't working 100%, even the smallest thing, it can be unnerving and sometimes downright depressing. But when one solves the problem on his own, it is extremely gratifying!

I have been emailing with Healtech and nothing he suggested cured the issue. Today I went back to the bike, pondered at it, and remembered in the instructions it mentioned "some bikes may have 2 dealer diagnostic plugs". I had searched for a second one before, but today I found that sucker, concealed and disguised!

Issue solved and the gear indicator works perfect. Plugged into the wrong connector.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,333 Posts
Issue solved and the gear indicator works perfect. Plugged into the wrong connector.
That'll do it! Good job and congrats on getting it going!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice to hear MT! A nice useful accessory for the bike. Did you get the GiPro DS Series like I have?

Took it for the first test ride today, the delay is way too long after shifts but "can be adjusted" which I will do/test tomorrow. I will be able to give you some good tips on how to make it work. I thought green would be cool, red is highly visible.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
146 Posts
Don, did you happen to take any pics of the bike connection. I've not fitted mine yet (it's a knock off as SkyDork put it lol)..

If you could post them up it would be super helpful as I'd like to install mine and I'm unsure what I'm looking for .

Thanks Stu

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am traveling right now till next week so can’t take pics. There are two connectors, you want the one that is to the rear of the ECU, near the passenger seat lock mechanism. It is disguised very well, wrapped with lots of electrical tape. If you pull it from the tape, you will find it. Has yellow plastic on the interior, you will see when you remove the dummy plug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts