Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new to the site so hope im posting in the right place, anyway after a lot of consideration I bought a mint 08 zx 10r, I knew the 10 was an extremely powerful bike and more suited to well experienced riders, I have owned other 1000 cc bikes and also bought a zx6r to get some experience on before buying the 10 which I have showed the respect due for the last 2000 miles, however I am starting to get the feel of the bike and ride it a bit harder as you do, so getting to the question, is it normal for the bike to be flighty/headshake like when I keep the power on in 1st 2nd 3rd and even 4th gear at the top of the power range the front wheel will lift slightly and hover of the road until I ease of the power, should it do this all the time and is it something you have to expect or can it be reduced or cured..? the bike has the standard damper fitted and tyres are good.... thanks!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Was just complaining abt that on the 08 today. Went to pass some traffic and had my first realy headshake. The front end is light on the 3rd compared to the BigCat. Have stock dampers on both and the BigCat handled it better

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
When your carrying the front under hard acceleration you have to be careful that your not creating headshake because of rider input. Its important to stay neutral on the bars so as not to create the problem. I have done spring and oil mods to my gen 3 dampner is stock. The bike has done many track days and no headshake no matter how hard i accelerate off the corners. Just a little food for thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, just glad to hear that it's a problem with the bike or how riding it that that's causing it and it can be corrected as a few people had told me it's what expect from a zx10 as they are just unpredictable and hard to handle ( mostly fireblade owners who advised me not to buy one)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts