Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought DDM Hid's (high and low beam on an 05 zx10), I ran the bike for about 4 days no problems. Today I leave work and the headlights dont turn on! Luckily it was during the day, but I checked all the wires, everything seems fine. Fuses look ok too. I even put back in the stock bulbs to see if those would turn on, but of course not. Any advise? They are 35w (both) 5000k hid's if you were wondering

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, nothings wrong with them

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I almost gaurantee its a fuze, you need to replace the 10amp with a 15amp, the reason; the DDM kit pulls 12.4amps at start up then drops below 10amps once the lights are up and running, I had to figure that out after blowing a couple of fuzes then doing some research on how much amperage the ballasts draw. It could be also the DDM kits are notorious for being wriwired wrong on the harness, where it plugs up to the stoch harness, its as simple as switching the wires around in the plug if you want them to fasten properly, or you can just plug them in backwards and the retainer tabs on the plug will be opiisite of the clip, but still will stay put, I switched the wires around inside the plug.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
i almost gaurantee its a fuze, you need to replace the 10amp with a 15amp, the reason; the ddm kit pulls 12.4amps at start up then drops below 10amps once the lights are up and running, i had to figure that out after blowing a couple of fuzes then doing some research on how much amperage the ballasts draw. It could be also the ddm kits are notorious for being wriwired wrong on the harness, where it plugs up to the stoch harness, its as simple as switching the wires around in the plug if you want them to fasten properly, or you can just plug them in backwards and the retainer tabs on the plug will be opiisite of the clip, but still will stay put, i switched the wires around inside the plug.
:+1:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, it was a fuse. Thougt is was ok but took a closer look this time. I put a 15 in replacement of the 10. Thanks a bunch 9R!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts