Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Headlight Modulators for the ZX10R

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  nolaZX10 
#1 ·
At Mavrik's request, I'm posting some experiences I've had w/ headlight modualtors and getting them to fit on the 10.

Here's what I run:
http://www.kriss.com/h7mod.htm
It's $90 and pathetically easy to install. Ziptie the daylight sensor to your front brake master cyl. pointing straight up.

Kisan made a great modulator for the 636/10R but they discontinued it. I returned 3 "mislabeled" H7 headlight modulators from their resellers because they couldn't find the right one even tho they said they had it - it no longer exists.

Headlight modulators rock because they make everyone around you aware of your presence. This is esp. nice on a black bike. Despite the hl modulator, I still ride like I'm invisible and everyone's out to kill me. That way I'm not caught off guard. The modulator has had a noticable effect on people. They think twice before turning left in front of me.

In the boonies, no one knows what a hl mod. is so they assume you're an emergency vehicle! I've had this happen a lot - it never gets old either. Anyway, they *are* 50-state legal btw.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like road rage in the making. Can you imagine being behind one of the crips or bloods in the hood.

#4 ·
bluedevil said:
Looks like road rage in the making. Can you imagine being behind one of the crips or bloods in the hood.
Never had anything like that @ all. Stay outta the ghetto w/ your $10K+ toy, ok? Anyway, when stuck behind the same person for a while (city driving) I turn it off to be polite - unless they're a slow ass - then they can suck it!

#6 ·
crispin said:
as much as i would enjoy being seen more.

those things remind me of cop bikes and harleys
Exactly why I have it. The plain white arai helps too. When cagers (even for a second) perceive you as a threat (i.e. cop) they restrain themselves.

crispin said:
i have ultraviolet blue bulbs in mine and drive w/ the highbeams on all the time.

thats the best i can do

Hell yes. Highbeam even @ night.

#7 ·
SuicideMachine said:
Never had anything like that @ all. Stay outta the ghetto w/ your $10K+ toy, ok? Anyway, when stuck behind the same person for a while (city driving) I turn it off to be polite - unless they're a slow ass - then they can suck it!
I think I can outrun the low riders in 1st gear, just got to remember to duck.

#19 ·
I have the Kriss set-up on my bike. I have it set up one each headlight. It has the photo/sensor for night and day along with an optional on/off toggle switch. My opinion on these is that they are great. I split lanes all the time (lane sharing CA) and peeps see me coming and move over a lot. Other perks include... being more visable to left turners, annoying the hell out of slow traffic in the #1 lane etc. Also, I am not sure what you guys like to do with your lights, but when Kawi sent them to the USA, they made sure that the low beam is pointed about 5 feet in front of your wheel and the high-beam is approx. 10-15 feet forward. I simply adjusted mine to light up where I plan on being in one or two seconds and that translated to way far ahead. I don't even need to flash any body to pass, they are more than happy to move over just to get me out of their rear-view mirror. Sorry if I am not PC. :thumbsup:

#21 ·
I dont like... I had a damn goldwing behind me (while i was in the camino) and the damn things were blinding me... if I wasnt a rider I woulda slammed the damn brakes on his ass just to scare him from being behind me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.