Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the last 3 days I got back into riding my 2006 zx10r. Well just the last 3 days Ive popped the headlight fuse 3 times. The only mod Ive done is upgraded to HID's. Ive had the HID's on the bike for 3 seasons so I don't think they are the issue at all.

So today I pulled off the fairings and inspected the wiring harness. I did notice the wire that powers the lights had a very tiny crack on it. So I shrink wrapped it up put the fairings back on, replaced the fuse and went for a ride. Well not 5 minutes into the ride boom no headlights.

I brought it home pulled off all the front fairings again. Started the bike up to get the lights going and then hit the kill switch. Lights stayed on. I then started to tug and pull on EVERY piece of the wire harness I could find. HOPING I would blow the fuse. Sure enough it couldn't be that simple. Never popped the fuse. I went on to the left side of the bike and like 2 weeks ago I repositioned the HID ballast. It was really close to the radiator and it was sooooo freaking hot I couldn't even touch it. 3 days ago the low beam light was flickering.

Could a hot ballast blow a fuse?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additional notes. I live in WI and the past couple days the weather has been hot. High 80's if not 90's and sunny out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts