Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first two rides on the bike gave me some unexplainable flat spot at 10k rpms that was explained as a deficiency in the headers. Yesterday, I ordered some headers. Today I got to ride the bike and now there is 0 flat spot.
So now I'm left with the choice of cancelling my order for a $50 fee. I dont know what to do...the bike is plenty powerful enough without the extra top end and the money I save can go towards a TRE and a custom map or TRE & stacks.
I'm so on the fence here...what if I get bored with the power level and want the headers later? Then I will have paid $50 more than I should have...I'm horrible with decisions...and the ignition advancer will be released in 3 weeks so I'd have cash for that instead of the stacks, etc. I have until thursday night to make my decision: VOTE:

1. keep the headers and wait to save the cash for the other mods

2. cancel order and get TRE and stacks

3. cancel order and get TRE and custom map

4. cancel order and keep the $$$ for the advancer when it is released

No matter what I will have the money by the end of April to buy the TRE and ignition advancer just not a map or stacks.

Please reply with the number you all think is best since this beast is so powerful

·
Registered
34,537 Posts

Frankly i can't see how the OEM head pipes all of a sudden became inefficient, it didn't happen because of the head gasket and it didn't happen because of degreeing the cams. :dontknow:
BD

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#1 means keep my order, you realize that...2,3,4 meant cancel order

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Big Daddy said:

Frankly i can't see how the OEM head pipes all of a sudden became inefficient, it didn't happen because of the head gasket and it didn't happen because of degreeing the cams. :dontknow:
BD
:+1:

you made the decision to get the headers, stick with your guns even if you think the symptom doesn't exist anymore.. why throw 50 bucks away?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yes, so are you questioning my previous question??

BD

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Just get the header and put it on. Get the TRE and put it on. Get the ignition advancer and put it on. Then get a custom map.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't see the poll option...bastids
Thanks, guys, the bike was popping more like it did before I removed the KLEEN valves so I might be a little lean...throttle response it money though.

The gasket has amplified the need for a TRE...i didn't notice until today when i chopped the gas and got tossed into the tank, nuts first...OUCH

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts

I have zero regrets about getting my full system. Save for the advancer next.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
buyers remorse I guess...i could have done stuff to the house...nevermind I'd rather be riding that laying a patio

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Full systems shine the most with engine mods. If you haven't notice BN, you like to tinker with the engine. The stock headers are smaller then most if not all good full systems. They will eventually become a limiting factor at the rate your going.:wink:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well if you put it that way...i guess I can't get all i want out of the ignition advancer without the headers to totally optimize it, right?:wink:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wont have any remorse once I see them. I was told another 4 business day to get to parts411...so then 6 to get to me at most...That means I'll have them on the 11th or something? Either way two more weeks and I will have them, and install the TRE differently so I can feel the differences. WERD

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
number 1. I'm sure it will take Ivan or Dano a while to come up with some good ignition advancer settings, so you'll have alittle time to save some more cash.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
stay with the full system and add the tre...the advance is going to need some time to be tested and some nice setting to be put together...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts