Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Needs an HID and the last pic is at 2pm (so you can still make them out at high noon).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah sorry it is a Yam key chain. I searched long and hard for a key chain that can hold my keys and can handle the rain (not leather), so I don't scratch up my yoke. I used to use a hiking clamp and just hook it on my jeans when I got off, but that used to wreck up my yoke real bad and hurt my old ZX6Rs resale.

So yeah I'm sorry....if you can link me to a more appropriate key wallet I'm game!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Pretty nice!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
thanks for posting the pics, looks bad ass. nice mod for sure.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
looks good, you did a great job on that mod.. very different and im sure no one else will have what you have.... oh and where did you get that key wallet thing at ??? Id like find somethign like that for my keys...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks good, you did a great job on that mod.. very different and im sure no one else will have what you have.... oh and where did you get that key wallet thing at ??? Id like find somethign like that for my keys...
Key wallet took me months to find...finally found it in a shop by accident when I was living in London.

From this place...

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
where is the write up? i think this is the sexiest mod

Write up time....

Yank the side fairings off.
Yank the screen off.
Yank the speedo off.
Yank the bottom fairings off.
Yank the front fairings + lighting housing off

Buy LEDs (2water proof strips (can be cut to desired length!!!, 2 sets water proof lead wires, 2 Voltage regulators (needs to regulate 14V alternator spikes to a pure steady 12 Volts for the LEDs)
Here:
http://www.theledlight.com/flexible-ledstrips.html

$60 bucks US or there abouts total

Assemble LED compenents and test with 9V battery (dimmer but works)

Bake lighting housing in oven! (preheat to 300F for 3 mins, then put in lighting housing for 2 mins - check often. I found it best to have it very hot to the touch, as in you can't hold it bare hands and walk to the garage with it, maybe 10 ft before it hurts bad)

Pry head light plastic shield off housing (maybe get some help with this...someone to apply constant pulling force, while another uses a tool for leverage to pry open the seal)

Unscrew the mat black backing inside.

Feed LED strip with running / parking light holes (the little ones)

Position the way your wish

WARNING Do not mount with doublesided tape (the heat from the head light will melt it off, and you will have to do this aaaaaall over again as I did!!!)

Get a tiny drill bit 2mm aperature, and drill a hole on each side of the LED strips into the black backing in 3 or 4cm intervals (as you see fit).

Feed thin zip ties through and tie down LED strips, and maybe paint with silver "tagger's" felt tipped marker if you wish as I did (cause I used black zip ties).

Reassemble black backing to plastic shield

Reheat everything in the oven as before (maybe a little less even) to get the seal mushy and gooey again (when reheated its almost like bubble gum).

Reassemble lighting housing.

Reassemble front fairings, hook up wires, reassemble speedo, winds screen, bottom and side fairings.

Go online to ZX-10R.NET and thank me!

**NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ZX10R RIDERS IN TORONTO**
**THIS MOD WILL NOT FUNCTION AND CAN LEAD TO DISASTER IF 2 OR MORE RIDERS IN THE SAME TOWN HAVE IT INSTALLED**

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
hella nice ride friend

1 - 20 of 31 Posts