Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if running 0.018" HG is safe for street use... I am a year round rider and I use my bike as my primary transportation (rather ride the bike than drive the car type deal). Would I run into overheating issues or any other problems. I putting in the '08 Intake Race Cam and doing the HG while I have the bike apart. Looking to do this in the next week or so...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
As long as you have good PTV and the gasket gets the squish/quench down to where the race manual likes it you should be just fine on pump gas.... but you have to measure both of those while you're in there to know for sure.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Youll be fine. I run a .018 head gasket with a race intake cam. With pretty close cam timing. Just make sure you run 93 so it doesnt ping. If you mess with the timing the way it should be.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just to know.

Except a manual switch is there a way to start the fan (sensor of some sort ?) at a lower temperature then it set oem ?

Put a kind of resistance or is their no way at all.

Somebody better then me in electrical stuff.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Run the proper igniton timing. The bike will NOT over heat. I can ride my bike around in 100 degree traffic and it never overheats...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Did you have a PCIIIr or your need to flash the Ecu. On gen 1 the ecu flash probably gave you the access to this parameter.

Physical way is to retard the ignitition timing is to make the hole of the ignition module elliptic to have 2 or 3 degrees of advance or retard.

So the ignition timing need to be retard or advance (I doubt) to resolve the overheating problem of the zx-10r motor whith thin head gasket ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.