Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size head gasket should I use with the Race Kit Cam From Kawasaki? Thin Head Gasket .45, .55, and etc. Thanks Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
i went with the .45mm gasket.. thats the thinnest one.. good luck..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the piston to valve clearance? Was it still good with the 45 head gasket? What Cam timing are you using to still be safe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
flashf3 said:
What about the piston to valve clearance? Was it still good with the 45 head gasket? What Cam timing are you using to still be safe?
youll still have plenty of valve clearance with a .45..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,018 Posts
flashf3 said:
What about the piston to valve clearance? Was it still good with the 45 head gasket? What Cam timing are you using to still be safe?
I'd be surprised to see Deezuhl give up his cam timing. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Gunner said:
He probably would except IceMan won't give it up to him either:headshake :headshake
no sir.. its getting to be way to competitive to give away info like that.. maxton is going to be a MF to break records this year with the bikes i hear that are coming. well go up there and give it our best shot!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone measured the head gasket from Muzzys to see whether or not it is the same height from kawi? Rumor has it that Muzzys is the same as the .55mm gasket from kawi. Can anyone help with this?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
248 Posts
i called muzzys and they gave me their headgasket part number from kawi and it was the .55........ kawi makes a .50, .55 , and the stock one. im not sure its thickness..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Original tickness is 0.65mm


The 0.45mm is not available anymore from Kawasaki. You need to buy a cometic part#C86800-18 (0.038") thats about 0.457mm. The only thing is that it's like 70-75$.

I am waiting to see if Kawa will make it available a litle bit later in 2007 if not I will buy the cometic. The kawi price was 17$ when it was avalaible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
madkaw said:
Strap it to the dyno and dial the cams in whre you want them

sure if you want dyno HP.. if you want the bike to run as fast as possible you may want to factor in the ram air when you dial the cams. for that you need to get it wideband tuned on the road..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
STEPH93LX said:
Original tickness is 0.65mm


The 0.45mm is not available anymore from Kawasaki. You need to buy a cometic part#C86800-18 (0.038") thats about 0.457mm. The only thing is that it's like 70-75$.

I am waiting to see if Kawa will make it available a litle bit later in 2007 if not I will buy the cometic. The kawi price was 17$ when it was avalaible.

I purchased (2) 0.45mm head gaskets today from the dealership. $16.89 each.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
ninja2k5 said:
I purchased (2) 0.45mm head gaskets today from the dealership. $16.89 each.
I am curious what is the kawasaki part number you got.
 

·
Speed Freak
Joined
·
12,730 Posts
here are the kawi head gasket part #'s

11004-0022 Gasket-Head T=0.55
$16.92
11004-0023 Gasket-Head T=0.45
$16.92
11004-0026 Gasket-Head T=0.65
$72.58
11004-0034 Gasket-Head T=0.50
$16.92
11004-0052 Gasket-Head T=0.60
$16.92
 

·
Speed Freak
Joined
·
12,730 Posts
Megacycl cams and web cams have them but your looking at 800 + for a set from megacycle.

stick with kawi race.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top