Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this? Is it a straight swap? Just wondering if there will be any benefit from that performance wise

·
Registered
415 Posts
Anyone done this? Is it a straight swap? Just wondering if there will be any benefit from that performance wise
I have not done it. No straight swap, because throttle bodies are different, TB is round and smaller diameter, meaning at least adapting boots is needed. It could work, head gasket is same part number, I would guess that all cam chain offsets could be same too (fact that race cam part number is same). Piston to valve clearance should be checked and degrees checked to be good.
Sure performance will increase after good tuning. When you need performance then deck the head and use think gasket too.

·
Registered
415 Posts
What about valve "pockets" in piston?
They could possibly be bigger because of bigger exhaust valves and deeper to accommodate smaller gen5 cam degree numbers.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes.
Having no idea what the lateral clearance to piston "pocket" could be. Traditional ptv check not showing it, use clay for example.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Just make the valve pockets same as valve. A dremel and 15 min is done

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does someone know if it can be done the opposite way? Gen 5 block with Gen 4 head... ??? I dont care if I get less horsepower, the important thing is fittment and reliability

1 - 8 of 8 Posts