·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys get those?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hahaha, why don't you wack on some SPF45+ or something while you're at it.

·
Administrator
6,716 Posts
DB's ZX10R said:
So how come none of the top racers use them?
eh... why don't they ride their bikes to breakfast :dontknow: :lol:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
DB's ZX10R said:
So how come none of the top racers use them?
Don't know if any still do use 'em but it was a big thing to do back in 1990's, like wayne rainey in this famous pic.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Also a good place to keep a couple dollars for tolls, when not using an Epass.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Here is another top rider NOT using one currently

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
And one last top rider NOT using one- I'll stop now- Point made.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
That settles it! I gonna go out and get me one of them head band thingies . . . along with a carbon fiber tank and one of them Shark helmet to go with my one inch chicken strips.

Just to show that mokey see, monkey do is not limited to motorcycles:

[blockquote]The 1968 Daytona 500 marked the debut of the Ford Motor Company's areo friendly Ford Torino, and its sister car the Mercury Cyclone, both of which had been designed with stock car racing in mind, and were notably more aerodynamic than the taxicab Mopars. The Mercurys were thought to have an advantage over their Torino counterparts and many of the traditional Ford teams switched to the Mercs on the big tracks like Daytona. Richard Petty had an unusual black vinyl top installed on his blue Plymouth at the 500 that year. Petty crewmen were whispering in other team members ears the vinyl roofs pebbled surface helped diffuse the air flow and made the car quicker. Other teams began scrambling to install vinyl roofs on their cars. Petty was seen rubbing baby powder on his roof and again his team whispered the baby powder helped the car slip through the air. Other teams began rubbing baby powder on their cars. In later years Petty would admit it was all a prank, to play on the "monkey see-monkey do" attitudes other teams had taken towards the Petty crew after the way they dominated in 1967. Others still claim Richard's guys did some surgery to the roof area of his Plymouth to make the car more aerodynamic and used the vinyl roof to help cover their treachery.[/blockquote]

I got some talcum powder I will sell you cheap.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
not using one currently 'cause I use a sunpass and it's fun to watch the fluid turn green at night in neutral.

Like I said though, it's a good place to keep a couple of bucks handy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts