Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 04 and a 09 zx10. Recently replaced the tires with Metzeler M3s. Previously, I had Diablo Rossos and BT016 on these bikes and they performed flawlessly. I used to run cold tire pressures - 36 psi front and 42 psi rear during summer months (in Australia). However, off late with the M3s, I have felt the rear slide when on the gas in corners. One of my buddies had a high side on these tires too. This has totally shattered my confidence in these tires. Now I run 34 psi front and 36 psi rear(cold tire pressures). After, this change the bike feels a bit unstable when the tires are cold, but it handles ok when the tires heat up. The edges of the tire however have a sort of blue/purple color. I understand this may be because of excessive heat. Can someone advice me whether I am running the right tire pressures. I generally ride pretty aggressive on the twisties and almost always scrape my foot pegs and toe sliders in the corners. I do not plan to buy these tires again, however still have a lot of tread left in them. So, can someone give me some useful tips in terms of what pressures to run them on. Thanks. *********I guess I posted this tread in the wrong section. have created a new tread. Please post replies at http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1459743#post1459743
Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts