OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,687 Posts
Whoa. It's actually a 2-smoke RD500. Impressive! Especially given one that looks to be in very well kept condition.

Yamaha RD500LC

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,687 Posts
That's an RZ500 isn't it, V4 2 stroke. Notice the 4 separate exhaust tips from each cylinder.

Equally rare, and far cooler in my opinion, cool bike to see on the road

Beat me to it! RD500/RZ500....same bike depending on where they were imported. :ayyy:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,097 Posts
MMmmmm...the RD. The bike that gave me the hots for street riding to begin with waaaay back in the day.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Might be rare for KCMO, but in California that's pretty normal... We have plenty of tricked out RD's, Gamma 500's roaming the roads especially where I live in Carmel Valley. Talbot recently opened up a bike museum in the middle of town and it is a steady influx of vintage machines rolling in & out.

Even my wife has an RD400

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very nice! :smile2:

I got to follow this guy around the track a couple of years ago. It was really just a couple of glorified 'parade laps' so he wasn't 'twisting it' but it sure looked and sounded great!

We were quite fortunate here in Canada. The 2 strokes continued to be imported long after they stopped bringing them into the USA. :grin2:

Back in the 70's, I cut my teeth on a stock '74 Kawi Mach IV 750 Triple 2 stroke. Talk about fun! >:) I traded it for a new kz1000 though. :surprise:

About 9 years ago, I found another one and snapped it up. I've modified it quite a bit, but it's still a 2 stroke Triple, and that means fun!! :rotflmao:

Here's how it looked a couple of years ago at Barber:

It's currently for sale. :smile2:

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy balls that Red Yami is badass!!!

Reactions: Drewski
1 - 10 of 10 Posts