Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right long story but after a little off "caused by ignorant car driver" 3 weeks ago I find myself having to try and find new Kevlar bodywork:

Picture does not show full extent off damage, belly cracked either side on uprights below radiator and nose well cracked. So I thought lets see if I can track down new Kevlar ex-BSB bodywork, now to be honest wasn't holding out much hope as its becoming very scares and like 10 years old! Tried bike dealer who I new bought the ex-Vivaldi BSB team lock, stock and barrel including all spares. So after and unsuccessful trip (lots off tail sections but no Nose section/Belly pans)

So I'm now thinking I'll have to get it all stripped down and repaired, then by pure luck I can across an advert from a man selling complete bodywork but it was 3 months old. So on a chance I called him and he made my day. Still had it plus he had a QB Carbon airbox too.

So yesterday I collected new bodywork and Airbox and can you imagine my surprise when I saw it, It's New and untouched. Story is he bought it in 2007 and never got round to using it, bonus for me.

Will now strip off old bodywork and get repaired slow time, I will then have spare bodywork.
Only thing now is tom think off new deign for bike after winter rebuild.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Lads and or10r the baddest is going to get badder!! I was planning on doing some engine work over the winter but by pure luck I have come across and purchased and Ex-Hawk Kawasaki full spec BSB engine with only 20 hours on it and if I can secure the Motec kit too it will push 220 @ back wheel otherwise I'm aiming for 200bhp.

So winter rebuild will start once I receive engine, Will post pictures when I start.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah buddy! 200+ rwhp in a Gen1 feels reallllll nawice lol. I'm looking forward to the finished product. Your Gen1 has been my fave of all time. The exclusive parts list on your bike makes my mouth salivate lol. Can you do me a favor? If you come across a carbon fiber front cowl ,can you drop me a pm? My girl knocked my bike over into my garage wall messing up the carbon weave on my GEN1.... ugh.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,005 Posts
Cheers Lads and or10r the baddest is going to get badder!! I was planning on doing some engine work over the winter but by pure luck I have come across and purchased and Ex-Hawk Kawasaki full spec BSB engine with only 20 hours on it and if I can secure the Motec kit too it will push 220 @ back wheel otherwise I'm aiming for 200bhp.

So winter rebuild will start once I receive engine, Will post pictures when I start.
Cant wait to see it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts