Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to say it guys, but I have another new 1000 SuperSport bike and it's not a ZX-10R. I just purchased a 2007 GSXR 1000 and it is getting the motor done this week and I should have it the next so I can get practice on it. It's not that the 10R doesn't make the power, it's because it is harder to ride. Ya'll know I like and challange and that's why I ride stock wheelbase, but I also like to see them win lights as well!!!

So go ahead guys and start the bashing. Just remember I still have both my 04 and 06 10's.:wink:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Money talks bro! This is your livelyhood! No hatin' here!
Would it kill you to put a .net sticker on it though? LOL

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just give us a write-up on the difference between your bikes and list the HP number too. The new bike might be a 10r, but it's still 2 to 1 Kawi favor.:smile:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
RR, Why do you say the 10 is hard to ride?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1killer1liter said:
RR, Why do you say the 10 is hard to ride?
The motor on the new gsxr is more forward in the frame than what the kaw's is. So the weight placement is one thing. The height on the gsxr is also better, stock the gsxr seat height is 1" lower and when my 06 10R is beside a gsxr in the lanes at SuperSport height (3") there is a noticeable difference in the bikes stances. The 10R just sits higher and that is the main thing that makes it hard to ride at 1000SS rules.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Its because of that god-awful so-called 'undertail exhaust'.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1killer1liter said:
Its because of that god-awful so-called 'undertail exhaust'.
Some of it has to do with the way the header pipes exit the bike but my 04 10R was the same way.

At 3" height the undertail exhaust doesn't really affect you when trying to lower it.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DethsZX10 said:
Post some pics of the new bike. Before and after you mod it please. Goodluck. I heard the new 07 GSXR was a bad motherfucker.
I bought the bike yesterday. I haven't even seen it besides cell phone pics. It got delivered to Chris at Performance Psycle in Knoxville, TN today.:mrgreen: I'm sure Chris will do a base run on it then out comes the motor and he does his magic. It will have a full M4 carbon exhaust system on it and hopefully somewhere between 190-200 RWHP!!!:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
848 Posts
awwwwwwwww maaaan.... I know its business but....you saying you cant see a win light on the kaw? It may be hard to ride but theres never enough seat time! PRACTICE PRACTICE and more PRACTICE! Make that mofo a winner!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1TP said:
awwwwwwwww maaaan.... I know its business but....you saying you cant see a win light on the kaw? It may be hard to ride but theres never enough seat time! PRACTICE PRACTICE and more PRACTICE! Make that mofo a winner!
Believe me nobody knows "SEAT TIME" is the key more than me!!!! I preach that to everyone on here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
good luck RR with the suk... what u going to do with th 10r? beside the launching, whats wrong with the bike can't squeez more hp out of it?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
RR
kws just got done with one and it's laying down 208rwhp.
Gsxr's arnt that bad my girls got one.........:lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
The motor on the new gsxr is more forward in the frame than what the kaw's is. So the weight placement is one thing. The height on the gsxr is also better, stock the gsxr seat height is 1" lower and when my 06 10R is beside a gsxr in the lanes at SuperSport height (3") there is a noticeable difference in the bikes stances. The 10R just sits higher and that is the main thing that makes it hard to ride at 1000SS rules.

I hate to see it as well but understand, you’re the one in the battlefield and new to racing the 1000ss class. If the rules were never changed from 2” to 3” then I might question your loyalty LOL, as even Rickey Gadson told me personally these bikes are so close :cool:

In a way I am happy for you, now you can compete with all the other gixxers out there and concentrate more on racing and your abilities, not just on setup of the only 10R out there, as it seems you might have been spending a lot of time more than you wanted too, :dontknow: but if your running the same bikes as the others are, that could only be a good thing to learn from the competition…with you being the only 10 most likely not. :headshake:

Anyway, even if you sell the 10s this site is grateful to you for all you have been reporting in your years owning the 10r and will always be respected and welcomed on the site f’sho. :thumbsup:

bloo

1 - 20 of 107 Posts