Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time of year, today i put my Gen 1 away untill spring. Its tough to see it sit for so long but at this same time I cant wait to start the winter modding :thumbsup:! Plans are paint, full akro hex, custome tune, rear sets, etc, etc haha. Ive owned this bike since June 15th of this year, bought it with 5800 miles, and after i went through 2 sets of tires, 4 oil changes, and 8400 miles I had one interesting summer!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I've got the same bike same color so i know the feeling! But next season you'll come out "stronger" by the looks of the mod list. what color are you going to paint it??? I want another paint myself. I'm not a big fan of the matte finish titanium but i do like that it's different and only for one year unlike the other colors.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
not being able to ride all winter long would suck ass.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
ahahaha im planning to do the same thing maybe...this week was obnoxiously cold35-41 degress and tomorrow is supposed to be 65-70? huh good luck with the winter mods im doing some too so good luck brother!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish i could move south id love to ride year round but i know if i did this bike would have 100k miles in 2 years time.i really cant wait to get it tuned, i remove the exhaust servo cable and the secondary flies, that combined with a full akro hex and a kawi race intake cam should prove to be a nice improvement. as for the color its stil up in the air, the choices are '05 green with black tail and black lowers, metallic silver with black tail and lowers or all gloss black.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
bring it south we ride year 'round :thumbsup:
:+1: If ya can't move down, then take a 2 week vacation at least... and bring your ride with ya. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
64 Posts
definitely sucks to store it for the winter months, but thats when you go crazy thinking about how you can improve your bike heck maybe even you (thats me anyway). I guess i'll be doing the sit on the bike and make some growling noise and pretend during these cold season. yup it sucks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I feel ya...

I'm in Canada, 30min North of the New York state border so pretty much the same weather as you guys but def more snow :(

Ah, well it just makes us appreciate summer a bit more :eek:ccasion1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts