Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mind the title, I don't hate cops, just gotta share this with you.....

http://phillydtv.tumblr.com/post/834936503/two-us-police-officers-have-repeatedly-tasered-a

Two US police officers have repeatedly tasered a rural woman who called police to complain of a prowler outside her house.

Janice Wells, 57, called the Richland Police Department when she feared a burglar was outside her clapboard house in a rural west Georgia town.

Minutes later when an officer came to her backdoor, she was screaming in pain and begging another officer not to be shocked again with a taser. The second officer joined the first one to complete the old woman’s trauma.

With each scream and cry, the officers threatened her with more shocks.

Much of what happened in front of Wells’ house was recorded by the camera on the dash of one of the officer’s patrol car. The minute-long dashboard video shows the officer pulling up to assist another officer.

The third-grade teacher can be heard on tape screaming “don’t do that” as a stun gun is heard repeatedly zapping.

Wells told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in an interview, “All of it is just unreal to me. I was scared to death. He kept tasing me. My fingernails are still burned.”

Ryan Smith of the Lumpkin Police Department has resigned and Tim Murphy of Richland Police Department was fired for using pepper spray and a stun gun on the woman.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Damn like she was really a treat to them.... Why did they taser her if she called them???

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i dont understand how she made the phone call and then results being taken to jail...did those d bags think she was the prowler?.....it does sound like the lady told another officer that she had "weed" but im not 100% sure

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
i dont understand how she made the phone call and then results being taken to jail...did those d bags think she was the prowler?.....it does sound like the lady told another officer that she had "weed" but im not 100% sure
I think I also heard where one officer is telling the other one that the lady would not tell him anything? That she wouldn't talk to him? Not sure, the volume was low. I'm not taking sides just yet on this one. I'd like to get some more of the story before I pass judgment.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I can't claim to know the full story, as there can be more facts that may be unknown to the media, etc.

I can say this though, some people just aren't cut out for law enforcement work. It happens in all career areas. Based upon the above, these guys show some serious training deficiencies to say the least...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont understand how they can yell at the lady get in the car while they are tasering her lol.... wtf is wrong with some people...

atleast those assholes are off the street!

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
My knee jerk reaction is to say the police messed up pretty good, given the fact that they've been let go. But... I've seen departments fire officers for political pressures when termination should not have happened.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
She had no weapon, they didn't say she had one or that they thought she had one so there is NO reason for what they did.

The EVIDENCE is in that one quit and the other was fired. Done.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I'd like to be able to at least hear what happened from the 1st officers dash cam to see why he had maced her and tazed her before the 2nd officer even got there. Like said before, what did she do in the first place? i thought i heard the 2nd cop say there was another "head" in the backseat with her? who was the 2nd person and WTF happened here?

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
I can't claim to know the full story, as there can be more facts that may be unknown to the media, etc.

I can say this though, some people just aren't cut out for law enforcement work. It happens in all career areas. Based upon the above, these guys show some serious training deficiencies to say the least...
:iamwithst

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I dont understand how they can yell at the lady get in the car while they are tasering her lol.... wtf is wrong with some people...

atleast those assholes are off the street!
you shut your mouth when your talking to me:lol:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
its not the profession that we should hate or the people that do the job

its just two morons, pieces of shit using their power of authority on a helpless victim

simple as that

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
i can't claim to know the full story, as there can be more facts that may be unknown to the media, etc.

:+2:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I don't hate cops I just hate when they do things like this and cause me to fear them.
(As always, I'll point out that my cousin is a cop, I grew up riding dirtbikes with a cop, next door neighbor was a cop, etc.- not a hater.)

It only takes one and I've come close enough already. Once I wasn't doing anything remotely wrong and almost got arrested.

As for other professions.. it's kind of a bigger deal when a cop messes up, even an honest error.
Kind of like a doctor or someone else that holds your life in their hands.

·
Registered
774 Posts
still another reason to hate em. cop beats dui

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...rge-thrown-out

Quote:
DAMALI KEITH
Reporter
ROSENBURG, Tx - A Richmond police officer is still on the job after being charged with DWI, a case that ended up thrown out of court.

Richmond police Sergeant Steve Eiteman was off duty when he was pulled over by a Rosenberg officer around 2:00 a.m. in December 2009 for not having a license plate on the front of his personal car.

Eiteman immediately got out of his car and Rosenberg officer Justin Pannell asks him to get back inside.

As Eiteman continued to walk forward, the officer told Sgt. Eiteman to put his hands on the car.

Pannell shouted several commands and Eiteman didn't follow any of them.

Pannell got Eiteman on the ground and handcuffed him.

The dash cam video shows the more than 30-year-veteran officer on the ground saying "I'm a Richmond police officer".

After a short scuffle Pannell put Eiteman in the backseat of his patrol car.

Eiteman continued to tell Pannell to search his pockets and told him again he was a Richmond police officer.

Pannell pulled beer cans from Eiteman's car.

The Rosenberg officer said there were five factors that led him to arrest Eiteman.

"He was not obeying the officers commands, he smelled of alcohol, he had slurred speech, he was unsteady on his feet and he had urinated on himself":lol: says Rosenberg Assistant Chief Dallis Warren.

What was Eiteman's blood alcohol level that early December morning?

"The intoxilizer test showed it was twice the legal limit. It was a little over .16" says Warren.

"It's disheartening. Of all people, an officer. He should know better. He's seen the fatalities" says Bridget Anderson with Mother's Against Drunk Driving.

Before a jury could hear any of this, Fort Bend County Judge Ben Childers ruled to throw out any evidence gathered after the handcuffs went on Eiteman.

According to the judge, prior to the cuffs going on, Officer Pannell did not have probable cause to arrest Eiteman. It's against the law for officers to first arrest someone without probable cause then gather evidence later.

The officer argues he had plenty of probable cause.

"Obviously it's well within the judge's discretion to make the decision he made. We disagree with it" says Warren.

Eiteman, 64, is said to wear a hearing aid.

His attorney has previously said Eiteman didn't respond to the officers commands because the device came out of his ear.

"I would love to talk with the officer to see if he has learned his lesson" says Anderson.

The Houston metropolitan area is number one in the country for DWI arrests and fatalities.
..:bs::bs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts