Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

British star set to partner Rea in 2019

Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK have announced today that they will be joining forces with Leon Haslam for 2019, as the British rider prepares to partner reigning world champion Jonathan Rea into the new season...

WorldSBK

Reactions: badexample

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sweet! I was hoping Haslam could make his way back to WSBK. He's an awesome rider and clearly very good on a Ninja. Bummed about Sykes leaving but Haslam might do much better.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Shock switch? I don’t know about that. I hope he does well though and can give JR a run for the money though. The series needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shock switch? I don’t know about that. I hope he does well though and can give JR a run for the money though. The series needs it.
Agree, was just quoting WorldSBK site. Not sure why they titled it like that since it's been all but confirmed all along.

I'm a fan of Haslam's, but I have a feeling he'll be a "top 10" rider next year.

I think this might be the last year that KRT dominates the way they have been in recent years. I think Yamaha might be favorites for the title in '19 if they finish this year strong. But then again, for the past few years I've thought that Davies would be closer than he has been so :dontknow:

Reactions: bennice

·
Registered
4,897 Posts

British star set to partner Rea in 2019

Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK have announced today that they will be joining forces with Leon Haslam for 2019, as the British rider prepares to partner reigning world champion Jonathan Rea into the new season...

WorldSBK

Going to be an interesting year with the rumours of a brand new bike for Kawasaki. Haslam is a cool cat but he needs to cut down on the leg dangling moves. :2bitchslap: What up with Picasso on the left.??? ahah

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Agree, was just quoting WorldSBK site. Not sure why they titled it like that since it's been all but confirmed all along.

I'm a fan of Haslam's, but I have a feeling he'll be a "top 10" rider next year.

I think this might be the last year that KRT dominates the way they have been in recent years. I think Yamaha might be favorites for the title in '19 if they finish this year strong. But then again, for the past few years I've thought that Davies would be closer than he has been so :dontknow:

Well, we know from past eras, WSBK tends to penalize the manufacturer who has the most success until they’ve made them largely uncompetitive. We’ve seen it in the past 10 years with Ducati, then Aprilia, and now Kawasaki. Maybe they’ll force JR and Haslam to ride a 600 and everyone else will still race 1000’s.

Davies has wrung out all he could from the twitchy Panagale. Melandri’s performance has proven that they’ve run out of potential, and the only way they’ll challenge is if JR crashes, or if they only race at Donnington or Thailand every week.

·
Registered
770 Posts
What'll happen when Davies is riding a V4 Panigale? Yikes! He could dominate...

Reactions: michael4012

·
Registered
2015 Gen4
221 Posts
We need to some change before the V4 Panigale is coming to WSBK. Coz its 1103cc, unlike 999 which the current ruleset states for a 4cyl

Im sure Dorna will come up with a plan to make it race

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
We need to some change before the V4 Panigale is coming to WSBK. Coz its 1103cc, unlike 999 which the current ruleset states for a 4cyl

Im sure Dorna will come up with a plan to make it race

The street version of the V4 won’t be racing in WSBK. They will supply a homologated version that is 1000cc. Same as they did with the old machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts