Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO ALL,
NEWBIE QUESTION HERE...PICKED UP A COMPLETE GEN 2 '07 MOTOR FOR CHEAP, SUPPOSEDLY IT WAS OUT OF KAW RACE SPONSORED DRAG BIKE. IVE SEEN THE BIKE AND THIS MOTOR GO 9.0'S...WITH A BROCKS, AND STRETCHED AND LOWERED.

ANYWAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE STOCK, BUT I SWEAR LOOKING AT THESE INTAKE PORTS, THEY HAVE BEEN WORKED...CANT IMAGINE THEY CAME FROM KAW LOOKING LIKE THIS....ALSO LOOKING AT THE CAMS THEY ARE MARKED SO IM THINKING THEY WERE AT LEAST DEGREED MAYBE?? CANT SEE WHY A STOCK BIKE WOULD HAVE MARKED CAMP SPROCKETS?? SORRY FOR THE BAD PIC...BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?? THANKS FOR LOOKING??

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Just took my head off last night, they look exactly the same (stock) let me know how the install goes.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
degreed?

cams are not degreed as shown. in stock sprocket hole position. elongated (slotted) are necessary for degreeing. head appears stk.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Most, though not all head porters, grind down the portion of the valve "guide" that sticks into the port flush with the port itself. This reduces impediment to flow, and increases overall port volume. See pic. This is not done in this head. Sorry, looks stock to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for the info....really appreciate it. Any recommendations on some head porters and the cost for a basic port job?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts