Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since 2 years have problem while accelerating from long righthanders that my quickshifter will not work. Frustrating to need to close the throttle to shift.
I just read that while TC is working the quickshifter cant shift becouse the TC has priority. Is this true?
for 2 years ago i flashed my ECU with woolich. Is ther since last 2 years maybe the issue solved?
Thanks.
Gabor

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
since 2018 i hade this problem: i cant shift with quickshifter while i am in lean and do heawy acceleration from long righthanders. I need to close the throttle to able shifting to 3rd and 4th. As the bike is allmost standing QS works again.
I read somewhere yesterday that the TC has priority and QS is not allowed to work while TC works.
Have a Woolich flashed ecu (2018) and OEM QS. Is this issue maybe solved by woolich since 2018? Than i would flash again for a solution.
Has anyone noticed the same problem?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,222 Posts
What TC mode are you running? If you're leaned over and the TC is trying to intervene, then the QS won't work and you shouldn't be trying to shift gears in that area anyway because the ignition is being cut for that and can't be cut any more for the QS. It's not really a priority thing, it's a limitation of the way everything works since they both use ignition timing. The simple fact that you're trying to accelerate while the TC is trying to intervene is the bigger issue. Turn the TC Off or run it no higher than mode 1 and you'll have you're quickshifter working fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But if the tyres are used and and the curv is long and you accelerate really haevy, than even in TC mode 1 the TC works, and i must shift before my bike standing up. Should i use less throttle for using QS? than is my laptime suffers and my opponents leaving me behind.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,222 Posts
But if the tyres are used and and the curv is long and you accelerate really haevy, than even in TC mode 1 the TC works, and i must shift before my bike standing up. Should i use less throttle for using QS? than is my laptime suffers and my opponents leaving me behind.
No. The QS is not an automatic mode. It's intended for full throttle acceleration. If the throttle isn't opened at all, then the QS won't work either.

Since you're talking about track riding, then it sounds like you don't have the bike set up for the track correctly. You should be geared down for those long curves so that you are full throttle at the right time as you strart to pick it up and still be in the power and getting ready to upshift. If that's not possible, then you have to adapt your technique to account for it. And by that I mean actually using the clutch to shift! Momentarily closing the throttle so you can clutchless shift kills your drive and upsets the suspension. Keep the throttle open so the engine doesn't lose momentum and use the clutch then. It will be smoother anyway. Running any TC modes on the track defeats the purpose. Turn that off and you can QS while the tire is spinning. The fact that the TC is intervening at all means you can't get to full power anyway.

Remember, if the TC is intervening and cutting the igntion, using the QS won't be possible. You have to correct for the TC intervention before anything else will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts