Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Bazzaz has units (including traction control and quick shift) for the Gen 2 and newer. Has anyone put a system on the Gen1? Most everything I touch is Gen 3 and 4, but I have Gen 1 that's very near and dear to my heart.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
881 Posts
I see that Bazzaz has units (including traction control and quick shift) for the Gen 2 and newer. Has anyone put a system on the Gen1? Most everything I touch is Gen 3 and 4, but I have Gen 1 that's very near and dear to my heart.

Thanks in advance guys!

If gen2 has 4 injectors ( I think) I believe you can buy a bazzaz for it and retrofit it to a gen1,I could possibly do it if I had a bazzaz unit in my hands.

Since bazzaz units usually connect directly to the injectors,you can either change the plugs of the bazzaz unit to fit the injector plugs of the gen1,or install a set of injectors from a gen2 to a gen1,which ever is cheaper.
Ignition coils I think all are the same between the models,so that won't be an issue.

All the other signals bazzaz uses ( tps, gear position sensor) are usually taken by taping into the harness,so all you need to do is identify the correct wires on the gen1 ( might be different) and that's probably it... :dontknow: :dontknow:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to re-invent the wheel, but Balogiannis is correct - it shouldn't be a big deal at all. The 8 injector systems didn't show up til the Gen 3. I have had no interest in the gen 2 being setup with the Bazzaz. The gen 1 seems to have cult following that may cause me to put some effort into this. Maybe someone from Bazzaz can drop me a PM if they know something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts