Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bike with this already done and its been a while since I road my old one, from what I remember it does feel different but there are to many variables changed between the 2 bikes for me to tell.

I would like to know if it made any differences to the handling from what you had before to what you changed to

my old bike had full ohlins
46prxls shock with 20mm internals on the front forks drops 10mm rear ride height stock
fork
rebound 8
comp 10

Shock
low speed comp 12
high speed comp 32
rebound 15

what I have now is , standard forks and standard rear shock but what looks like a WP spring softer than original

.... the bike feels rock and the rebound over bumps is hideous ... I am going to see Mark at MH Racing to get it setup again in a couple of weeks , but just want to know if anyone else has any experience with the change

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found a couple of thread on here, but the general consensus was

it hasn't changed much.... I find that hard to believe because the way in which the swing arm is curves changes the way in which it compresses

now because the forks were developed a certain way to work with the way in which the 05 swing ar compresses they won't really work that well together ... i would like to know now if anybody has anymore to say rather than not much difference ... this will be push to the limit and I would rather not bin the bike on track so if i could save myself the aggro now my having good info I will just source an 05 swingarm and be done with it

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
cheers fella ... wrong country though :thumbsup:
No it's in the right country, you're in the wrong country.. LOL:thumbsup: Ur Avatar doesn't say which country your in. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
541 Posts
What linkage is on it, 1 or 3rd?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still on the first gen link , I am thinking of getting an 05 636 on the suggestion from a guy on here with a very trick orange zx10r (not sure he still has it)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts