Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was looking threw tucker rockey and i am going threw the galespeed section and then one of the pages shows magnesium rims!!! asnd they even have a weight chart as well to go along with it, they dont list how heavy the rear rim is form them but all the other 1000's are in the 12.xx range..... they list our stock rim at 16.xx lbs so 4 lbs on the rear and 3 on the front is about 7 lbs and they list at a lil over 2400 dollars..... thats kinda close to marvic silver stones which are in the 2600 dollar range and they are some of the lightest mag rims which cuts 7.5 lbs off the bike and the BST's cut 8.25-5 lbs off.

so anyone heard of them?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I was looking at them real hard, a couple of weeks ago, as with most sweet rims, every supplier was having a hard time getting them, they claimed a 2month wait at a minumum. Seems like very rim besides the CZ's are hard to get.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Oh and I found them for as little as 2050$ plus shipping!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Here is the most complete info I could find directly from their JPN site. I was gonna get the Metalic Black bt their gold looks sweet, just too much for my taste.

BTW, I ended up ordering the CZ's after all my shopping though, just theink they look the sweetest and their customer service has been great so far, I can even use them on my 04 with some 40$ spacers from them. So for now I am going to use them on my 06 and when I can get some of the Galespeed Type M's or PVM's when they become available I will switch the CZ's over to the 04.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.acv.co.jp/01_product/gale_en1.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search?q=galespeed&start=40&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&sa=N

·
Registered
253 Posts
The only ones worth getting are the Magnesiums as they are about 3/6 (F/R) lbs lighter than stock. The Type-R is 1 lb or less and the Type-C are actually heavier.

Unless you're only going for looks... I just checked availability nationwide and there are a handful of the Type-R's left. I didn't check Type C.

Here is the weight chart if you're interested:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
:ttiwwop: :mrgreen:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

VI gold

gun metal

Bronze

Pearl White

Black metallic

I want the gold!!!!!!! they would look sick with my set up!

if they can save almost 7.5lbs Id consider getting them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts