Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, not just the top clamp, the whole thing.

The reason I ask is Attack's triple clamp for the 06-07 comes with the mount for the Ohlins Damper built into it, the 04-05 obviosuly does not, that is the only difference, besides aestetics that I can tell by looking at the two. If I was going to buy the Attack triple clamp it would make more sense to buy the 06-07 models and already have a damper bracket built in. Then I could just find a stock 06-09 Ohlins OEM and rework it and have a factory looking setup.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason I want to say that Garth did, but I can't remember for sure.
I know he did the forks, as I did a long time ago, the forks are totally interchangeable, I am actually running 08-10 Ohlins in the 04-05 Triple clamps now.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I personally would think you should be able to as I don't see much of a difference in the frames if any other than the side crap. Isn't it just like fairing mounts that are different?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally would think you should be able to as I don't see much of a difference in the frames if any other than the side crap. Isn't it just like fairing mounts that are different?

I know the rear set mounts are different, the engine mount locations are different, but looking at the headstock area it looks identical to me. Attack stocks the replacement parts and the steering stem part number is the same 04-07.

I guess if I bought a set of 06-07 Attacks for the 04 and they did not fit, I could always just use them on the 06.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Off topic but I believe 06-07 rearsets fit 08-09 would assume 2010 but not sure.
Yes the bolt hole locations are the same for 06-10, but.........some aftermarket rear sets designed for 06-07, the heel gaurd on the drive side could interfere with the swing arm.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The only issue i could think is maybe the rake?
I don't know if the degrees are being made on the frame or the triple lowers.
It was more agressive on the 04. :dontknow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts