Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Power Commander III USB a while back for my 2007 ZX-10. The part # for this unit is #222-411, as those who have one know. I ordered directly from Power Commander and they sent me part #222-410. The PCIII had a small sticker on it that stated "222-410 for 222-411". Why would they send this? Has this happened to anyone else? Furthermore, when you log onto the PC website, there is no part #222-410. WTF!! Thanks...

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Not sure if this has anything to do with the original question but i do know that like on gixxers back in the 01-03 models powercommander will have a different part # for the 600 01-03 the 750 00-03 and the 1000 01-02 but yet it's the exact same unit with a different sticker on it. the commanders are compatible and interchangable even though when i asked tech support they stated that they numbered the commanders like this for "inventory purposes" as long as the unit they sent you plugs n plays then there shouldn't be a problem BUT it is strange that the part you recieved isn't even listed on their site.....i'm sure someone else with a 3rd gen will chime in sooner or later and sorry if my post didn't help or even apply to the question.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the response and I'm probably just gonna go for it and see how it runs. I can always take it out if there's a problem. Although I'm sure it will be alright, it's just wierd. When someone is looking to beef up performance on any vehicle, and the company shows one part number and sends another stating it's the same thing, it just puts a bad taste in your mouth. That's not what I ordered. Just makes me wonder. Thanks again..

·
Registered
281 Posts
It will work that is what is on mine. i think that was the part number for the zx14 if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response, Justin. I went back on the Power Commander website after you stated it was the part number for the ZX-14. The part numbers are different. Part #222-410 remains a mystery. At least I have some comfort with you saying it works on the '07 ZX-10...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thanks for the response, Justin. I went back on the Power Commander website after you stated it was the part number for the ZX-14. The part numbers are different. Part #222-410 remains a mystery. At least I have some comfort with you saying it works on the '07 ZX-10...
I've seen that happen before years ago.

If it concerns you, just give dynojet a call. They have always been very helpful and willing to answer question in the past.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've seen that happen before years ago.

If it concerns you, just give dynojet a call. They have always been very helpful and willing to answer question in the past.
Again, thanks for the responses. I don't know if it's really a concern more than just wondering if it's happened to anyone else. Dynojet/Power Commander are the ones that sent it to me. They'll back their stuff up and I'm sure it will work just fine. As their sticker states "222-410 for 222-411". I was just curious. I may just give them a call and ask. Thanks again!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just checked mine on the 07' and it is the same. It says PN: 222-411 on the bottom, but on the side there is a smaller sticker that states "222-410 For 222-411". The only problem I have had with my bike since I installed the commander is a charging concern. The bike would cut out intermittently at first. I re-programmed the Power Commander and it seemed to have stopped. Then one day, the bike just cut out while I was riding it and I found that the battery was dead. I diagnosed a bad rectifier bridge and stator coil. I replaced them, as well as the battery and it seemed fine. I then left it to sit over winter with no battery tender or anything on it and in the spring, the battery was dead again. It was only about a month or two in between so I figure I have a parasitic load or excessive amperage draw or something. I replaced the battery again and out of necessity, I now keep a battery tender on it if I leave it over night. I think it might be the Power Commander because it seems to lose it's memory. I say that because it backfires on decel. I will re-map it with the same map every time and it always runs fine at first and then after a few weeks it will start backfiring again. Re-map it, then the same thing over and over. I am going to get in there with my laptop and see if it even registers a map in it right now. I also need to find a shunt so I can check the amperage draw with the key off.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I bought a PC for my zx14 and I got the -411 which is for the zx10 and I installed it with no issues runs great!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
macdaddy and zx10Duran.....I truely appreciate your input. After reading your thread, macdaddy, I'm seriously considering not installing it and maybe checking out the Bazzazz or something. I don't like the fact that we just can't receive the PC that goes with our prospective bikes. zx10Duran....why would you be sent a PC for a ZX10 when you have a ZX14? This crap makes absolutely no sense to me. Like I said....I'm sure there are some that can be interchanged. But when I have a ZX10-R, I want the exact part # that goes with my bike. We humans like that stuff. Oh well....:headshake

·
Registered
121 Posts
zeerex,
I don't know for sure but the hardware probably is indeed interchangeable. The only difference may be as little as the firmware that is loaded on it when it leaves the factory. I may have just gotten unlucky and gotten a unit that has an internal short or something. IDK. I didn't get to hooking the laptop up to it today but I will try again to get to it tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts