Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my woodcraft crank case cover and idle gear control cover...my friend and I are looking to do the job, I have searched online for videos on anyone else maybe posting a walkthrough, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Will be working on it Sunday. I have all my bolts, gaskets, covers, skid plate, locktite, gasket sealant. Any walkthroughs or videos or help would save me some frustration I am sure. Just trying to get my bike back together and back on the road.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,753 Posts
I believe there's nothing to it. Just remove the old cover and put the new one on. It's pretty simple. Just keep track of the bolts as they come out because they might be different lengths.

Have you downloaded the service manual?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The video isn't on an 08 zx10r I don't think. You have to pull something out. I'll find the paper the case came with and post it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mines leaking right now. If I remember, you don't need gasket sealant, just new gaskets. when you take off the covers, gears may fall out. When I did mine the starter gear came out and I took off the idle gear as well. Just make sure to line them up right. No sweat and remember, if a screw doesnt go in all the way without any force needed...it doesnt go there! Hopefully have my new gaskets Saturday so I stop leaking oil all over my damn foot

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mines leaking right now. If I remember, you don't need gasket sealant, just new gaskets. when you take off the covers, gears may fall out. When I did mine the starter gear came out and I took off the idle gear as well. Just make sure to line them up right. No sweat and remember, if a screw doesnt go in all the way without any force needed...it doesnt go there! Hopefully have my new gaskets Saturday so I stop leaking oil all over my damn foot
I thought you put your bike in a shop to fix? :confused:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Where did you order the gasket from? Ebay?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did. I only had him do the cooling system. I've ordered the parts from partzilla. They'll be here Tuesday. Till then I've used rtv black as a gasket. It's worked perfectly. The main reason it leaked is previous owner didn't put the damnit bolt back inside the cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts