Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have YET to see/hear anyone making the switch over to E85 gas... Possible? I know you can map it, but the injection side is where im curious.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
You would loose hp and it a lesser qualitiy gas. If I remember correctly it has more ethanol than normal gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would loose hp and it a lesser qualitiy gas. If I remember correctly it has more ethanol than normal gas.
False, You can add more timing, etc and E85 is PURE ethanol, it has no knock qualities like pump gas does. Im a huge fan of E85.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,338 Posts
Yeah, it's been done. Garth did it and a few others as well. It's a poor mans race fuel. BUT you will lose power on it if you don't have the mods to support its use. And you'll get shitty fuel mileage on the stuff.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don Guhl can help you map it. He tunes midget sprints to run bike motors on e85 all the time.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Do a little searching.... Garth did it (on a gen 4, if I'm not mistaken) and had comparison dyno graphs for 3 different fuel types... All set up on the same bike. :) On a NA application, especially for a streetbike, it's not very impressive.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nothing but 91 or better for my ride.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts