Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has put on a 14t cs sprocket. I put on the 16t and it did half as good as I had hoped. Now I am debating between the 15t and 14t.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've got a 15t on mine right now, but I am thinking of going from 15/39 gearing to a 17/42 set-up. I love the acceleration it gives me, but sometimes I get a little annoyed cruising at 85mph at 6500 rpms in 6th gear!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swjohnsey said:
Why not go with a 12T, some neon and a "Jesus Loves Me" mud flap?

LIke they say on Family Feud, "good answer, good answer." :fu2: But seriously I just want more torque, and take-off (i.e. wheelies). I live at a high altitude and even with a slip-on, fuel processor, and a 16t, I can't wheelie as easy as I want to.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
madcow- I have a 14 and a 15 sitting in a box never mounted that I'll ley go for cheep if you want to try them. The 15 is a stock Kawi part with the rubber sides and the 14 is a AFAM. Like I said, these are new in the pakage, never mounted.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
You probably need to go to wheelie school. The ZX-10R will come up with throttle only in 1st, 2nd and 3rd if you ain't careful. If you can't get it up with only throttle you might try shifting to a lower gear.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swjohnsey said:
You probably need to go to wheelie school. The ZX-10R will come up with throttle only in 1st, 2nd and 3rd if you ain't careful. If you can't get it up with only throttle you might try shifting to a lower gear.

THe altitude takes away a lot. It comes up pretty easy in first, but second or third, don't even think about it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i went -1 in the front and +4 in the rear. its better going up in the rear than down 3 in the front. the most i would go in the front is 15t.As for wheelies i had my bike up in 5th gear on the highway. just bounce the tire with the thottle and that was when it was stock.i was doing 165mph but it will come up.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
why not a 14. his bike. after he put it on. he can give us a report on it. you will never know until you do it.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
ther 14t is going to rub excessively on the swingarm protector AND the tight turning radius isn't good for the chain either. The 15t would be the better choice if your not going to add additional teeth to the rear, such as 16/41 or 16/42.

BD

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
madkaw77 said:
LIke they say on Family Feud, "good answer, good answer." :fu2: But seriously I just want more torque, and take-off (i.e. wheelies). I live at a high altitude and even with a slip-on, fuel processor, and a 16t, I can't wheelie as easy as I want to.

Mabey its your Cobra POS.

Pick a gear

Grab the Clutch

Twist the throttle

Release the clutch

MAGIC --- Wheelie Time!!!!!

Works with ANY gearing

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Go with a bigger rear sprocket. Its less strain on the chain and it'll shorten your wheelbase.

Of course you'll probablly need a longer chain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts