Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen a few second gen owners selling their bikes looking to get a first gen instead of even an 08 whats going on? :thumbsup:i saw in a local forum a guy used to post here often and would sit here and argue all day long with us 04-05 guys and he is now looking for a first gen lol that was shocking and i know a few of yall would be too if ya knew who i was talking about please 06-07 guys dont take this the wrong way and iam not trying to start another 04-05 vs 06-07 useless thread its just that i have seen that lately :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
ive seen a few second gen owners selling their bikes looking to get a first gen instead of even an 08 whats going on? :thumbsup:i saw in a local forum a guy used to post here often and would sit here and argue all day long with us 04-05 guys and he is now looking for a first gen lol that was shocking and i know a few of yall would be too if ya knew who i was talking about please 06-07 guys dont take this the wrong way and iam not trying to start another 04-05 vs 06-07 useless thread its just that i have seen that lately :mrgreen:
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
494 Posts
i kinda noticed
but what I noticed more, are the 08's, people are getting em' like hotcakes!
i almost feel left out with my trusted 1st gen.:sad:
so I plan on getting an 09 to add to the family:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Personally I'd never go backwards. Even if the newer bike got stolen or totalled I'd go forward. Kinda odd if you ask me...I owned an '04 for two years and an '06 for two years.
The '06 was a better all around package for the street IMO. I compare it to getting back in a relationship that was disolved...if you really miss it or think it was better.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I have an 06 and a 08. Will be selling the 06 as soon as the weather warms.

I never rode a 1st gen, but I remember all the magazine horror stories about how dangerous it was because it had to much power and it would kill ya wheeling out of corners, about in any gear or speed. Sounds like a classic!

I never once seen a ugly as hell woman that I later thought was beautiful. But I have with the new 08 10R.

The wheel barrow will be evicted soon enough.

JJ

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Believe me when I tell you it rides like a 4 year old motorcycle...raw. They refined it in '06 to make it smoother. Smoother shifting, smoother throttle response and smoother handling. I'm sure everyone who owned both as long as I did and rode them as much as I did will agree. The '04-05 were great but needed refinements. They refined the clutch in '05 as at high rpm's the shifts were not catching and it got upgraded in '06. I'd love to have all three now (all green of course) but I really enjoy jumping on my 600 and tearing up the tight roads in New England and New York state.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
True, but some of the refinements have now been taken away again, like 2lbs back off the crank and the double pumper exhaust.

I would have bought a yellow 06 hands down if I could look past the exhaust.

Not digging the 08 yet , perhaps with some race fairings on and a proper zorst, dunno ??

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I never had a the 04-05 but had riden the 05 a few times yes a Nasty bitch kinda like a Wild Stalion. I still have my 06 & plan on keeping it as I really do enjoy riding the bike pretty smooth & linier power.The 08 just from the few times I have rode it I have really jelled & felt really comfortable on even more than my 06 just in the little time I have rode it so far.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I relly think the 04-05 were the monster bike. kaw soon found out that the people were not happy. now the 08 are out. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with 06-07. I never rode one, but kaw went back to side pipe which people like better. you really cant go wrong with any 10. it all depend on your taste.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Maybe the 2nd Genners are just lookin for a beater to run here and there:crackup:!!! Just kidding bout that, anyhoo....from all that I read from I think that having all Gens would be awesome. Each offering something differrent. I luv my 2nd gen, all I need, more than I need:thumbsup:

So to all generations......I raise my glass.....ziggy zoggy ziggy zoggy....hoy hoy hoy!!!!
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i remember having these arguments almost 20 years ago about the Gpz and the Katana...we thought nothing would ever top them...:rolleyes::mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts