Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone is hanging on for these kits, I've had an e-mail off Harris; apparently they're still three to four weeks off being available, but should by simple to fit with no drilling or cutting.

Still, the green beast hasn't bitten back yet, so I think I'll hang on rather than look for an alternative!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've read something similar from 10r_Geezer, I am going to give Mile Pajic a call this week, he has a setup for a WP unit for the 10R.

btw: he finished 14th in the Endurance race yesterday at Assen, mainly due to some brake/wheel changing problems. They don't do Endurance races normally, it wa just for fun. Mile himself had never ridden the 10R before this race. Otherwise they would probably have ended in 5th :(

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Big Daddy said:
I'd also like to know about the WP damper.

BD
Mile's setup is different from what I suspect WP themselves will bring on the market. I think they will also have an across the tank mounted made available. I will also ring'em (ehh WP Benelux) and ask the what the status is, if they give me anything useful I will let you know :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
burgerkin said:
Big Daddy said:
I'd also like to know about the WP damper.

BD
Mile's setup is different from what I suspect WP themselves will bring on the market. I think they will also have an across the tank mounted made available. I will also ring'em (ehh WP Benelux) and ask the what the status is, if they give me anything useful I will let you know :)
I'm also interested in a WP or possibly an Öhlins steering damper kit. I called the WP importer her in Finland last week, but he didn't know of any mounting kit available for the 10R yet...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Well there is good news and bad news 8)

Bad news: WP suspension has the damper ready....but the mounting brackets (ala 916) need to be machined as well, they expect the entire setup to be ready late may/early june. :(
Good news: Mile Pajic uses the WP damper but makes his own mounting brackets either under the air intake or traditionally on the side, framemounted. He does this including mounting it for less than the WP setup costs. I guess I am going pay him a visit when I get my 10R :D :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
I still got my arrow stering damper from my cbr mounted 916 style. Waiting for arrow to make mounting kits to fit my 10. As i look today if it will take them too long i will doit myself modification to fit. I like this on top couse you can adjust it as u ride ( its 8 clicks adjustive) and you can vary on street for hard ridin and for slow traffic where you should turn it off. I almost crashed one day when i had setings on stiff and try to turn on lights too quick and bike didnt want to turn as quick as i want.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
It has been said by a couple of 10r owners W/scotts that the key must be shaved in order to turn it and that the damper is not centered properly....care to share any thoughts about either?

BD

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I'm glad you posted that picture. Thought the Scotts damper would ruin the looks of a clean cockpit. But the gold finish seems to match perfectly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Glad you posted that picture as well, think I'll go Ohlins now, each to his own but it looks abit cumbersome to me.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Big Daddy said:
It has been said by a couple of 10r owners W/scotts that the key must be shaved in order to turn it and that the damper is not centered properly....care to share any thoughts about either?

BD
Hi BD,
Thanks for sharing this infor... finally someone show me the money. :twisted:

·
Registered
78 Posts
i installed the scotts damper and love it. i am not sure how it could be off center unless your triple clamp is off center. the corner of the key has to be shaved off. took all of five seconds with a disc sander and looks clean enough. i did not buy the bike for the key in any event. :D no deadzone anywhere (not sure where you are getting that info from). i think you can adjust it to be off in certain zones if you choose to do so. also, not as intrusive as it looks in the pics (again, though, you have to shave the key). i have to say that i am really impressed with this damper. the bike feels even more solid.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Big Daddy said:

BD
Well I don't like the idea of the Scotts damper, and shaving the key :?:
ehhh NO WAY :!: Because of the Immobilizer function (which saves money on insurance) that just is not an option.

·
Registered
262 Posts
sorry...but i just cant bring myself to like the Scotts damper. :(

My Matris damper has now arrived, and i'm having it fitted on Tuesday. i'm gonna let my dealer fit it as two small holes must be drilled in the top yoke, as i don’t want to fook it up. :wink:

Its a real nice unit though 8) , very small and light as its mostly titanium.

i'll post some pics ASAP. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
204 Posts
10R-Geezer : Let me know about this damper as I might get the same. It will be available here (Canada) in only a few weeks. The idea of drilling holes doesn't get me excited at all though...

·
Registered
262 Posts
yes...that Muzzy's looks like a nice piece of kit... 8)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts