Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even with the financial troubles they are in, Harley Davidson is still thinking of running a XR1200 series . Stock , slow bikes that dont handle well running a tight circut . Yea, that will get those potencial younger generation riders running to the showrooms .

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
LOL yeah Hardley is full of it if ya ask me. The XR1200 looks like a decent enough bike, but what kind of racing do they have in mind? I see roundy-rounds ala XR750 flat-track in their future.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
If you thought honda was bad at eating oil, try harley on for size and you will see a gallon per week and most of the time your bike will never make it home LOL...There's a spot in my town where a lot of people tend to go, once in a blue moon you will see someone working on a sport bike ok. Now every time I see a harley out there, there's 5 guys and enough tools to build a bike working on something...Harleys are a waste, they need to completely re-design and take some real time and work on some r & d in my book...

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you need cheap Harley parts just ride behind one,everything falls off as the big noisy useless V-TWIN makes everything vibrate to peices!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Harley needs to move existing product, and that is what racing this class will do. The class sucks, but it will make a nice profit for Harley.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
90 Hp can make a quick bike as long as its 360 lbs not 560 lbs
Yeah, but that XR1200, its alot closer to 560 than 360, that bike is poser city, put it against a 9 year old ZRX1100 or even a SV1000 and see what happens. It still uses the same sportster frame as all the other sportsters, that bike is all hype and NO performance.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If they Have to race a harley .. they should race the Eccosi heritic . 200hp 160lbs of torque( roughly ) http://www.ecossemoto.com . Heavy brutish bike , lots of sliding/ wrestling of the bike . Hard to make a Harley sportster roadracing entertaining .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts