Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am heading over to my friends house to go for a ride. I'm heading down the interstate doing 80 and 3 guys on Harleys fly by me? I just let them go and keep on pace. I get to my exit and there is the first guy on the Harley. I like hitting corners so I'm closing in on this guy. Coming into the intersection I'm like man he is hitting this corner hard? I lower the bike into the turn looking through where I want to go. As I am in mid corner I look over and the guy has drifted across 3 lanes and is wobbling bad freaking out. He misses the guard rail by inches! I drive through way under him, and leave him. I'm no badass but I can handle a bike pretty well, and know my limits. So after a bit I look back and he his behind me only off me one bike length? I just turn off to my buddies house shaking my head. Can't understand why some people want to show up a sportbike on a cruiser? Guess he thought I was some young kid who couldn't ride or something? Oh well just thought I'd share.. lol:dontknow: No I don't have chicken strips on my tires.:wink:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Good story!!! I've had similar experiences BUT i had a guy with a passenger want to run me on the freeway a few weeks ago for cripes sake!!!!he was on a big ass softtail or something like that!! what i really get a kick out of is when i run across a kid...or another rider on a 600 that wants to give it a go....i never understood that? even when i had my 750 i knew what battles to pick to keep from looking like a chump.....and that's NOT saying i never got outrun,rundown,and had my ass handed to me on either bike....just some people will try anything i guess.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell I always hit that corner at a good pace. I wasn't even screwing with him? I knew he was riding way over his limits. Constructin yellow boots, jeans, HJC helmet 85 bucks, long sleeve flamed arm shirt, leather construction gloves.... I think it was a sportster?

Me wearing A* SMX boots, Jeans(reinforced), Speed and Strength Textile, Fox racing gloves, HJC Ben Spies Trophy helmet.

The ground temp was 116 degrees on asphalt so he couldn't blame the tires.lol Sorry I always look at ground temps for some stupid reason?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I think some people are just under the dillusion that they can track down AND outrun anything OR that they have the biggest set of balls on the block when it comes to all things manly n such?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew one of you assbags would point the mispelled show(shoe) out! lol My bad, dammit!

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
In the vicinity of Deal's Gap, I caught up to someone on a Gold Wing while riding my FZR400. Rather than letting me by, they tried speeding up to stay ahead. Then footpegs started scraping and they ran a little wide ... then they let me past.

·
Registered
774 Posts
guy on a hog did a tankslapper in front of me in a turn, same scenario.
at the light he's like "she wont let me down"
what-the-fuck-ever

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've seen the same thing and the guy was right in front of me 2-up, took a corner too fast and almost ate it.

If you haven't seen this -

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
haahahh that fucking video is a classic

I usually have the younger douche on the vrod try to prove some shit

few months ago on a nice country road I had one on a vrod with all kinds of American BadAss gear on tail me corner after corner until I decided to really let him know whats up

I got on it and a couple corners later he was nowhere seen
then on a long straigth I see him coming up fast trying to passs lol

I hit 1st gear powered her up, 2nd and just blew by him like he was standing lol

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
774 Posts
I can see a sportster hanging with my 1st gen.... ...
you must not be hitting on all cylinders:mrgreen:

i once beat a sportster in my 89 5.0 mustang.
no hd will ever do a 10 sec 1/4 in stock trim

·
Registered
774 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts